Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Steelheads
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Idaho Steelheads
VENUE: ARS.com Rink at Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
DATE: Saturday, March 16 at 7 p.m.
WATCH: ECHL.TV and Facebook Watch
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr and TuneIn
PROMOTION: First Responders Appreciation Night - The Solar Bears will salute all police, fire and emergency rescue workers by wearing specialty jerseys during the game against the Steelheads. Tonight's Chuck-A-Puck beneficiaries are Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.) and the St. Baldrick's Foundation, the charities of the Central Florida Enforcers and Orange County Fire Rescue hockey teams, who earlier today competed in our seventh annual Guns N' Hoses charity game. CLICK HERE for more info.
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (33-21-4-1) welcome the Idaho Steelheads (35-21-3-2) back to the City Beautiful for the first time since the 2015-16 season, when Orlando picked up a 5-4 win over their opponents from the Mountain Division on Nov. 12, 2015.
PLAYOFF PICTURE: Due to South Carolina's 6-3 loss to Norfolk last night, Orlando's magic number to clinch a spot in the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs has dropped to 10 points.
MCAULEY BACK IN LINEUP: Forward Colby McAuley makes his return to the lineup after serving a one-game suspension following Orlando's 4-3 shootout win over Newfoundland on March 10. Prior to his suspension, McAuley had tallied four goals against the Growlers, including a hat trick on March 9. McAuley is also slated to play in his 100th career pro game tonight; he has 55 points (23g-32a) and 180 penalty minutes through 99 combined games in the ECHL and AHL.
GOALS GALORE: The Solar Bears enter tonight's game fourth in the ECHL with 3.56 goals scored per game. Since Feb. 15, the Solar Bears have turned up the offensive heat, as the team has gone 8-2-1-1 over that span and has scored 56 goals for a 4.67 goals-per-game average.
ARCHAMBAULT TO MAKE RETURN: Forward Olivier Archambault was activated yesterday off the IR and will see game action tonight for the first time since Feb. 8 vs. Jacksonville. Archambault has 145 points (71g-74a) in 144 career ECHL games with Alaska, Quad City, South Carolina, Allen and Orlando.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears host the Idaho Steelheads on Sunday, March 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the RDV Sportsplex Ice Den. Please note that Sunday's game is sold out - CLICK HERE to listen to the game. Orlando is back at the ARS.com Rink at Amway Center to conclude its series with Idaho on Tuesday, March 19 at 7 p.m. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for this game.
2019-20 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now:
Upgrade to Solar Status and become a Season Ticket Member today. Season ticket memberships for the 2019-20 season are now on sale and start as little as $270.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 16, 2019
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bourke and Solar Bears Take Down Steelheads, 6-2 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Clinch Playoff Spot with Third Period Comeback - Tulsa Oilers
- Riley Tells Growlers to Sit, Stay in 6-4 Thunder Win - Adirondack Thunder
- Besse Nets Two But SC Comes up Short to Blades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Houser Perfect as 'Clones Clip Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Houser, Cyclones Blank K-Wings 3-0 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Stifle Royals in St. Patrick's Day Victory in Reading - Indy Fuel
- Winiecki's Two-Goal Game Leads 'Blades to Eighth Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Unlucky in Toledo - Wheeling Nailers
- Schmidt Scores 20th of Season, Royals Fall at Home to Indy, 5-1 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Struggle in Glens Falls, Fall 6-4 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Railers Leap Frog into Playoff Spot After 5-3 Home Win over Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Taken Down by Solar Bears, 6-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Mariners Drop Back and Forth Affair in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Beast Drop Second Straight, Lose 4-1 to Fort Wayne - Brampton Beast
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Steelheads - Orlando Solar Bears
- Goaltender Colton Point Called up to Texas Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Fuel and IceHogs Swap Players - Indy Fuel
- ECHL Transactions - March 16 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo Wings - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Walleye Game Day Snap Shot, March 16 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Inch Closer to Postseason Berth with 3-2 Win over Wichita - Kansas City Mavericks
- Game Day: K-Wings and Cyclones Square off for Final Time this Season - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Day: One Fan Will Win $10,000 If Royals Player Gets Hat Trick in Rematch vs. Fuel - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.