Hold the presses: Velez to join Lugnuts today in West Michigan
LANSING ¬Ė The Toronto Blue Jays have announced today that in addition to second baseman Juan Peralta being placed on the disabled list, infielder Eugenio Velez will be added to the active roster and will be in the lineup for tonight¬ís game in West Michigan. The move puts Lansing¬ís active roster back at 25 players.
Velez joins Lansing from extended spring training after splitting the 2004 season in Pulaski and Auburn. The 22-year-old switch hitter from San Pedro de Macoris in the Dominican Republic hit .292 in 44 games with Pulaski and .263 in 10 games with Auburn. Lifetime, the 2001 free agent signee is a .281 hitter with five homers and 116 RBI in three seasons in the Toronto farm system.
The Lugnuts continue their three-game series in West Michigan tonight at 7:00 p.m. as Russ Savickas takes to the hill for Lansing. The Lugnuts will continue their road trip through Friday in Grand Rapids and Fort Wayne before returning home to finish off the first half. Saturday¬ís game will feature a post-game fireworks display presented by LAFCU, Your Credit Union For Life and Sunday¬ís game will be a Meijer Kids Day with Kids Run The Bases presented by Pepsi.
‚ÄĘ Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2005
- Lugnuts drop another one-run affair to Whitecaps - Lansing Lugnuts
- LumberKings axe Rattlers to force another tie in West - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Kernels Win On Last Strike - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- D√©j√† vu All Over Again in 12-11 Loss - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Bitten by Snappers - Kane County Cougars
- Snappers Return Favor, Pound Cougars - Beloit Sky Carp
- Ankiel's homer can't save Swing - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Three All-Stars Lead Chiefs Past Swing - Peoria Chiefs
- Pitching clamps down on Lansing - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Final Series of First Half - Beloit Sky Carp
- Lavon Lewis Joins Caps; Peralta Placed on DL - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Spots still available for Kernels Youth Baseball Camps - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Chicks Dig The Long Ball - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Hold the presses: Velez to join Lugnuts today in West Michigan - Lansing Lugnuts
- LumberKings Fall to the Timber Rattlers in Battle For Division Crown - Clinton LumberKings
- Peralta placed on disabled list as first half winds down - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lansing Lugnuts Stories
- The Athletic Named Its 2021 A's MiLB All-Stars, and It's Loaded with Lugnuts
- Crosstown Showdown Returns to Jackson Field April 6th
- Lugnuts, Minor League Baseball Join with Marvel Entertainment on "Defenders of the Diamond√É¬Ę√ā¬Ä√ā¬Ě
- Lugnuts' D√≠az and Hall Named High-A Central All-Stars
- Nitro Circus Roars into Jackson Field Tomorrow