Hoeing Helps Jumbo Shrimp Shut Down RailRiders
MOOSIC, Pa. - Bryan Hoeing tossed a career-high 8.0 innings and both Jerar Encarnacion and Lorenzo Quintana homered on Tuesday for the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp to shut out the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders 3-0 from PNC Field.
Hoeing (3-1) fanned seven against one walk in his outing, becoming the first Jumbo Shrimp (23-20) starter to go 8.0 innings this season. He scattered four hits before yielding to Andrew Nardi, who worked a scoreless ninth inning to seal Jacksonville's third shutout win of the season.
After both sides went down in order in the first, Encarnacion drilled a homer off RailRiders (15-27) starter Matt Krook to begin the second inning.
With the same score in the fourth, JJ Bleday blooped a one-out single before moving to second on a walk from Nick Fortes, which exended Fortes' on-base streak to 18 games. Charles Leblanc then laced an RBI single to bring in Bleday and make it 2-0.
The Jumbo Shrimp added to their lead when Quintana led off the fifth by blasting a home run to make it 3-0.
Jacksonville and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre meet at 11:05 a.m. on Wednesday. LHP Will Stewart (0-0, 2.25 ERA) starts for the Jumbo Shrimp against RailRiders RHP Hayden Wesneski (1-4, 2.31 ERA).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from May 24, 2022
- Burger Promoted to White Sox Tuesday - Charlotte Knights
- Knights Drop Opener in Durham 9-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Mud Hounds Rally in 9th, Comeback Falls Short - Toledo Mud Hens
- Red Sox Spank IronPigs 13-2 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- WooSox Power Past IronPigs on Tuesday Night - Worcester Red Sox
- Sounds Take Series Opener in Extras at Toledo - Nashville Sounds
- Bulls Get Hot at the Plate, Stretch Home Winning Streak to Five Games - Durham Bulls
- Bisons Begin Series with 1-0 Victory against Columbus - Buffalo Bisons
- Stripers Routed in Rain-Soaked Night at Norfolk - Gwinnett Stripers
- Lively Leads Bats to Victory with Scoreless Quality Start - Louisville Bats
- Syracuse Comeback Falls a Run Short in 5-4 Loss to Rochester in Tuesday Night Series Opener - Syracuse Mets
- Second Homer of the Year from Govern Not Enough at Louisville - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tides Cruise To Series Openeing Win Vs. Stripers - Norfolk Tides
- Wings Win Series Opener in Syracuse - Rochester Red Wings
- RailRiders' Bats Ice Cold in Loss - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Hoeing Helps Jumbo Shrimp Shut Down RailRiders - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Pirates Select Contract of No. 25 Prospect Cal Mitchell - Indianapolis Indians
- Indians Complete Comeback over Saints for Extra-Inning Win - Indianapolis Indians
- DeJong Supplies Three Hits in Redbirds Win over Cubs - Memphis Redbirds
- Saints Drop Tough One to Indianapolis, 8-5 in 11 - St. Paul Saints
- Grand Slam Gives Memphis Series Lead - Iowa Cubs
- Duran, Refsnyder Homer in 6-2 Loss to RailRiders - Worcester Red Sox
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - May 24 at Syracuse - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (21-19) vs. St. Paul Saints (16-24) - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Prospect Jake Mangum Promoted to Syracuse, Khalil Lee Rejoins Team - Syracuse Mets
- Promo-Packed Homestand Starts Monday, May 30 - Rochester Red Wings
- May 24 Game Notes: Iowa Cubs at Memphis Redbirds - Iowa Cubs
- MARVEL Super Hero™ Nights Coming to Victory Field - Indianapolis Indians
- Jumbo Shrimp to Hold Ballpark Hiring Event on June 1 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Syracuse Mets Education Day #1 Sold out - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.