Hildebrand Stops 31 as K-Wings Blank Cyclones, Even Series
Cincinnati, OH. - Jake Hildebrand stopped 31 shots on Saturday night and Chris Collins and Reid Gardiner provided the offense as the K-Wings topped the Cyclones 2-0.
The victory evened the best of seven series at one game each as the teams head to Kalamazoo for games three, four and five.
After a first period without any goals, Reid Gardiner put the K-Wings up 1-0 early in the second. On the power play Gardiner unleashed a shot from the right circle directly into the top corner, giving Kalamazoo the 1-0 lead. Gardiner's tally served as the only one through the first two periods, and ended as the game-winning goal.
In the third Chris Collins added the insurance the K-Wings were looking for midway through the period. Entering the offensive zone, Collins beat the defenseman wide before cutting towards the net and tucking the puck past the outstretched pad of Michael Houser to give Kalamazoo the 2-0 lead. That score would stick till the end as Jake Hildebrand recorded his first post-season shutout, and sixth of his career stopping all 31 shots faced.
Kalamazoo finished the night one-for-five on the man-advantage, while keeping the Cyclones off the board on four chances.
The series shifts to Kalamazoo for the next three games. Game three will take place on Wednesday, April 17 followed by game four on Friday and game five on Saturday. Puck drop for Wednesday night's game is set for 7:30pm.
Playoff tickets are on sale now! Tickets are available at the Wings Event Center Box Office or by visiting kwings.com. Kalamazoo Wings full season tickets are available now for the 2019-20 season! More information can be gathered at www.kwings.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 13, 2019
- Kessy's Two-Goal Night Leads Steelheads to 3-2 OT Thriller, Even Series - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho Defeats Utah 2-1 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Mack Attack: McCarron Helps Lead 'Blades to 2-0 Series Lead - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Fall in Game 2 of Opening Round - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Hildebrand Stops 31 as K-Wings Blank Cyclones, Even Series - Kalamazoo Wings
- Six Unanswered Lead Monarchs to 2-0 Series Lead - Adirondack Thunder
- Beast Drop Game Two in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Monarchs Dominate Thunder, 6-1, in Game 2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Win in OT, Take 2-0 Series Lead - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - April 13 - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Host IceMen, Seek Two-Game Lead in Series - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 2 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Leach Recalled by Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Game Two Saturday Night in Cincy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Drop Series Opener 7-1 to Utah - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Open Playoffs with 7-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kalamazoo Wings Stories
- Wings Weekly: K-Wings Open 47th Season Saturday at Wings Event Center
- K-Wings Announce Fan Experience Policies and Procedures
- K-Wings Announce Training Camp Roster and Schedule
- K-Wings to Retire Jersey Numbers of Meadmore and Willis
- Kalamazoo to Host Hockey's First "Rainbow Ice Game"