Monarchs Dominate Thunder, 6-1, in Game 2
GLENS FALLS, N.Y. - The Manchester Monarchs grabbed the North Division Semi-Finals by the horns Saturday night against the Adirondack Thunder, with a 6-1 win at the Cool Insuring Arena.
The Monarchs (2-0-0-0) scored six-unanswered goals against the Thunder (0-2-0-0) and return to Manchester with a 2-0 series lead.
Adirondack took the early lead on the power play on the first goal of the playoffs by John Edwardh. After two shots on Monarchs goaltender Charles Williams, Edwardh found the puck on his backhand and found a hole under the arm of Williams, making the score, 1-0.
Manchester answered at 18:52 of the first period on the first goal of the playoffs by Tony Cameranesi. Bokondji Imama found Pavel Jenys as the third player on the rush, where Jenys slid a pass to Cameranesi at the side of the net, tying the score, 1-1.
The Monarchs took the lead at 2:27 of the second period on the second goal of the playoffs by Nic Pierog. Kevin Dufour found Pierog streaking into the offensive zone, where he lifted a shot over the shoulder of Thunder goaltender Alex Sakellaropoulos, making the score, 2-1.
Manchester extended their lead at 6:48 of the second period on a 5-on-3, on the first goal of the playoffs by Dufour. David Kolomatis wristed a shot from the top of the circles, where Dufour tipped the shot past Sakellaropoulos, to give the Monarchs a 3-1 lead.
Imama made it a three-goal game at 14:25 of the second period on his first goal of the playoffs. Imama wristed a shot from the right circle, that was labeled for the top corner, making the score, 4-1.
Manchester added a fifth goal at 10:12 of the third period on the first goal of the playoffs by Michael Doherty. Pierre-Luc Mercier sent a cross-ice pass to Doherty on a 2-on-1, were Doherty one-timed the shot past Sakellaropoulos, making the score, 5-1.
Pavel Jenys added the final goal of the game for the Monarchs at 15:27 of the third period, scoring his first goal of the playoffs. Jenys collected a rebound at the side of the Thunder net and hammered it home, to make the score, 6-1.
Tickets to see your Monarchs back in the playoffs for the 17th time in 18 years can be purchased HERE, for as low as $6. Contact the Monarchs front office for Pay as We Play playoff tickets, at 603-626-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 13, 2019
- Kessy's Two-Goal Night Leads Steelheads to 3-2 OT Thriller, Even Series - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho Defeats Utah 2-1 in Overtime - Utah Grizzlies
- Mack Attack: McCarron Helps Lead 'Blades to 2-0 Series Lead - Florida Everblades
- Cyclones Fall in Game 2 of Opening Round - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Hildebrand Stops 31 as K-Wings Blank Cyclones, Even Series - Kalamazoo Wings
- Six Unanswered Lead Monarchs to 2-0 Series Lead - Adirondack Thunder
- Beast Drop Game Two in Overtime - Brampton Beast
- Monarchs Dominate Thunder, 6-1, in Game 2 - Manchester Monarchs
- Growlers Win in OT, Take 2-0 Series Lead - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - April 13 - ECHL
- Preview: 'Blades Host IceMen, Seek Two-Game Lead in Series - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspension - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 2 vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Leach Recalled by Hershey - South Carolina Stingrays
- Game Day: Game Two Saturday Night in Cincy - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Drop Series Opener 7-1 to Utah - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Open Playoffs with 7-1 Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.