Goaltender Adam Werner Returns to Eagles, Greer Recalled
LOVELAND, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that goaltender Adam Werner has been reassigned to the Eagles, while forward A.J. Greer has been recalled by the team's NHL affiliate.
Werner made his NHL debut on November 12th against the Winnipeg Jets when he entered the contest in relief of the injured Pavel Francouz just 31 seconds into the contest. Werner stopped all 40 shots he faced in a 4-0 combined shutout of the Jets and currently owns a 1-1-0 record in the NHL, to go along with a 3.42 goals-against average and a .914 save-percentage. The 22 year-old has gone 5-4-0 with the Eagles, notching a 2.88 GAA, a .908 save-percentage and one shutout.
Greer has collected two goals and 44 penalty minutes in nine AHL games with Colorado this season. He saw action in 15 games with the Avalanche during the 2018-19 campaign, netting one goal and one assist. In total, the second-round pick of Colorado in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft has amassed one goal and five assists in 37 games with the Avalanche.
Colorado returns to action when the Eagles travel to the SAP Center in San Jose, California to take on the San Jose Barracuda on Friday, November 22nd at 8:00pm MT.
Tickets for all regular season contests are on sale now and can be purchased at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2019
- Barracuda to Host Fifth Annual Teddy Bear Toss Night this Friday - San Jose Barracuda
- Purchase Big Buddies Tickets to Sponsor Kids to Attend Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Gabriel Vilardi Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Bibeau Returns to Eagles, McDonald Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Bears Weekly: Club Hits Road for Pair of Divisional Contests - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Luukkonen Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Rochester Americans
- Weekly: Penguins on a Roll with Five-Game Winning Streak - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals to Host Second Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pascal Laberge Recalled by Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Kings reassign goaltender Matthew Villalta from Fort Wayne to Ontario and goaltender Cole Kehler from Ontario to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Flames Recall Zac Rinaldo - Stockton Heat
- Goaltender Adam Werner Returns to Eagles, Greer Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Free 'Try Blind Hockey' Event to be Held in Grand Rapids on January 26 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bourque and Martenet Head to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Move Along in November Schedule against San Antonio and Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Kicks off with Jersey Auction