Gabriel Vilardi Assigned to Ontario
ONTARIO, CA - The Los Angeles Kings, NHL affiliate of the Ontario Reign, have activated forward Gabriel Vilardi from the injured/non-roster list and assigned him to Ontario.
Vilardi, who was selected by the Kings in the first-round (11th overall) of the 2017 NHL Draft, made his professional debut last season with the Reign. The 20-year old (born August 16, 1999) recorded an assist (0-1=1) in four games.
The Kingston, Ontario native played three seasons in the OHL with the Windsor Spitfires and Kingston Frontenacs, posting 157 points (68-89=157), a plus-27 rating and 40 penalty minutes in 143 games between the two clubs. He helped lead Windsor to the Memorial Cup Championship in 2017, posting seven points (0-7=7) and a plus-2 rating to lift the trophy on home ice.
In addition, forward Mario Kempe was placed on unconditional waivers by Los Angeles earlier today for the purpose of terminating his contract with the Kings.
The Ontario Reign are underway in the 2019-20 season, their fifth as members of the American Hockey League. For more information on the upcoming season, as well as the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic, to be held in Ontario, visit ontarioreign.com, and to secure your seats with a Reign ticket plan, call 909.941.7825.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2019
- Barracuda to Host Fifth Annual Teddy Bear Toss Night this Friday - San Jose Barracuda
- Purchase Big Buddies Tickets to Sponsor Kids to Attend Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Gabriel Vilardi Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Bibeau Returns to Eagles, McDonald Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Bears Weekly: Club Hits Road for Pair of Divisional Contests - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Luukkonen Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Rochester Americans
- Weekly: Penguins on a Roll with Five-Game Winning Streak - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals to Host Second Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pascal Laberge Recalled by Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Kings reassign goaltender Matthew Villalta from Fort Wayne to Ontario and goaltender Cole Kehler from Ontario to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Flames Recall Zac Rinaldo - Stockton Heat
- Goaltender Adam Werner Returns to Eagles, Greer Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Free 'Try Blind Hockey' Event to be Held in Grand Rapids on January 26 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bourque and Martenet Head to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Move Along in November Schedule against San Antonio and Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.