Admirals to Host Second Hockey Fights Cancer Night
Milwaukee, WI - Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced that the team will host their second Hockey Fights Cancer Night, benefitting ABCD (After Breast Cancer Diagnosis), when the team hosts the Grand Rapids Griffins on Saturday, November 23 at 6 pm at Panther Arena.
The game will feature a moving pre-game ceremony where the players and coaches from both teams and the referees will line up on the ice and display their "I Fight For..." signs that show the name(s) of people their lives who have been effected by cancer.
In addition, all fans who come to the game will receive one of the "I Fight For..." signs and they are encouraged to fill them out and hold them up along with the players, coaches and referees. Fans can click here to download their own sign ahead of time.
The team will have a number of special opportunities to help raise money for ABCD. These include:
- The Admirals will be wearing special purple jerseys during warm-ups. They are particularly unique because instead of the players name on the back, fans were given the opportunity to bid on these jerseys with the winners then choosing the name as a memorial or dedication to a loved one who has battled cancer.
- For each ticket purchased here the team will donated $4.
- Special lavender pucks that feature the Admirals and Hockey Fights Cancer logos. These pucks will be autographed by an Ads player and available for purchase for $25 each via a grab bag at Fan Services, which is located on the concourse outside section 228.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2019
- Barracuda to Host Fifth Annual Teddy Bear Toss Night this Friday - San Jose Barracuda
- Purchase Big Buddies Tickets to Sponsor Kids to Attend Teddy Bear Toss - Bakersfield Condors
- Gabriel Vilardi Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Bibeau Returns to Eagles, McDonald Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Bears Weekly: Club Hits Road for Pair of Divisional Contests - Hershey Bears
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Luukkonen Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Rochester Americans
- Weekly: Penguins on a Roll with Five-Game Winning Streak - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Admirals to Host Second Hockey Fights Cancer Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Pascal Laberge Recalled by Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Kings reassign goaltender Matthew Villalta from Fort Wayne to Ontario and goaltender Cole Kehler from Ontario to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Flames Recall Zac Rinaldo - Stockton Heat
- Goaltender Adam Werner Returns to Eagles, Greer Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Free 'Try Blind Hockey' Event to be Held in Grand Rapids on January 26 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bourque and Martenet Head to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Move Along in November Schedule against San Antonio and Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Cory Conacher from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.