Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators
VENUE: Infinite Energy Arena, Duluth, Ga.
DATE: Saturday, Feb. 2 at 7:35 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Mixlr
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (22-17-3-0) wrap up their season-high nine-game road trip against the Atlanta Gladiators (15-19-6-1), one week after coming away with a 3-2 overtime win here at Infinite Energy Arena. Orlando is 4-1-0-0 against the Gladiators this season, while the Gladiators are currently on an eight-game point streak (7-0-1-0). The two teams play each other three more times this season following tonight's game.
LEBLANC REACHES CENTURY MARK: Chris LeBlanc became the 14th player in ECHL Solar Bears history to suit up in 100 career games with Orlando when he took the ice Friday night in Greenville. The sophomore forward has 44 points (15g-29a) in his time with the Solar Bears, which places him 25th in franchise scoring. LeBlanc chipped in an assist in Friday's win, and has six points (1g-5a) over his last four games.
TAMMELA BUILDS ON STREAK: Jonne Tammela's assist in Friday's win increased his point streak to four games (3g-5a). The forward has been one of Orlando's more effective players against the Gladiators, as he has picked up three assists in two games.
POWER PLAY ROUNDING CORNER: Since the start of the second half of the season, the Solar Bears' power play has been clicking. In the last six games, Orlando has gone 7-for-23 (30.43%) with the man advantage.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears return home to host the Jacksonville Icemen on Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. for a Wine Down Wednesday. Fans can take advantage of $5 wine specials during the game. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets for the game.
Fighting Four Packs presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The Orlando Solar Bears are proud to have local digital printing experts XYMOPrint as the presenting sponsor of the 2018-19 season. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale. Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 2, 2019
- Rays Strike for 3 in 3rd to Take Down Mavericks - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Snap Skid in High Scoring Game - Jacksonville IceMen
- Parks Backstops Rush to Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Gladiators Goal in Final Three Seconds Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Win Penalty-Filled Game, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Split Weekend with South Carolina, Drop Saturday's Game 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Cruise to Weekend Sweep - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Manchester shuts out Royals, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Everblades Overpower Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Hoppy Trails: 'Blades Down Swamp Rabbits, 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Close Weekend with Thrilling 4-3 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Three-Goal Second Sends K-Wings Past Nailers 5-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Edge Orlando in Pulse-Pounding Game of the Year - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Rolled in Cincinnati - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Shut out Royals, 3-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Martin and McNicholas Lead Mariners over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Turnovers Hurt Thunder in 5-3 Loss to Maine - Adirondack Thunder
- Holy Smokes: Railers Smoke Growlers in Newfoundland 5-1 - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Fall 5-1 to the Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Ducks Assign Forward Alex Dostie to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Wings Game Day Snap Shot, February 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 2 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Tulsa Oilers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Game Day: Royals Host Jam-Packed Saturday vs. Manchester - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Central Division Battle Sends K-Wings to Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- PHPA and ECHL Announce COVID-19 Relief Fund for ECHL Players
- Clint Windsor Signed by Syracuse Crunch
- Orlando Solar Bears Statement on Cancellation of 2019-20 ECHL Season
- Orlando Solar Bears Statement on ECHL Suspending Season
- LeBlanc Lifts Solar Bears to 3-1 Win over Stingrays