Ducks Assign Forward Alex Dostie to Tulsa
CINCINNATI, OH - The Tulsa Oilers, proud member of the ECHL, and head coach Rob Murray announced Saturday that forward Alex Dostie has been assigned by the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks to Tulsa from the American Hockey League's San Diego Gulls.
Dostie, 21, is joining the Oilers in Cincinnati for tonight's game at U.S. Bank Arena. The 2016 fourth round pick (#115 overall) of Anaheim is in his second pro season and has 3 points (1g, 2a) in 29 games for the Gulls. The Drummondville, Quebec native had 10 points (3g, 7a) in 41 games as a rookie in San Diego in 2017-18, and also recorded 5 points (2g, 3a) in 5 games for the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies.
Prior to turning pro, Dostie played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. He spent most of that time with the Gatineau Olympiques, where he totaled 188 points (71g, 117a) in 202 games. The 5'10, 173 lbs. forward spent the back half of his last junior season with the Charlottetown Islanders, notching 35 points (15g, 20a) in 31 games.
Tulsa faces Cincinnati for the final time this season tonight at 6:35pm CT at U.S. Bank Arena. Catch all the action on the Sports Animal radio network, www.tulsaoilers.com or ECHL.TV, with pregame coverage starting at 6:15pm CT.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 2, 2019
- Rays Strike for 3 in 3rd to Take Down Mavericks - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Snap Skid in High Scoring Game - Jacksonville IceMen
- Parks Backstops Rush to Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Gladiators Goal in Final Three Seconds Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Win Penalty-Filled Game, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Split Weekend with South Carolina, Drop Saturday's Game 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Cruise to Weekend Sweep - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Manchester shuts out Royals, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Everblades Overpower Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Hoppy Trails: 'Blades Down Swamp Rabbits, 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Close Weekend with Thrilling 4-3 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Three-Goal Second Sends K-Wings Past Nailers 5-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Edge Orlando in Pulse-Pounding Game of the Year - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Rolled in Cincinnati - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Shut out Royals, 3-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Martin and McNicholas Lead Mariners over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Turnovers Hurt Thunder in 5-3 Loss to Maine - Adirondack Thunder
- Holy Smokes: Railers Smoke Growlers in Newfoundland 5-1 - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Fall 5-1 to the Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Ducks Assign Forward Alex Dostie to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Wings Game Day Snap Shot, February 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 2 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Tulsa Oilers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Game Day: Royals Host Jam-Packed Saturday vs. Manchester - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Central Division Battle Sends K-Wings to Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.