Manchester shuts out Royals, 3-0
Reading, PA - Reading, PA - The Reading Royals dropped, 3-0, to the Manchester Monarchs in the first game of a back-to-back Saturday at Santander Arena. The Royals are 2-4-1-1 against the Monarchs this season.
Andrew D'Agostini made made 35 saves on 37 shots in the loss, ending his run of six-straight games earning points. He is now 0-1-1-0 against Manchester this season.
Royals forward Tyson Fawcett made his debut Saturday, earning a spot in the starting lineup.
Charles Williams secured the shutout victory for the Monarchs, making 33 saves. He now holds a 4-0-0-0 record against the Royals this season.
D'Agostini stopped all 14 shots in the first period, including a kick-save after Reading gave the puck away in the final seconds.
Tim Shoup sent Frank DiChiara into a somersault before both men dropped the gloves midway through the second period. The Royals ended up short-handed and the Monarchs capitalized on the resulting opportunity by notching the first goal of the game. Chris Carlisle sent the puck underneath the arm of D'Agostini at the 9:46 mark shortly after he made four consecutive saves.
The Monarchs doubled their lead with a tip-in from Spencer Watson over D'Agostini's left shoulder with two minutes left in the third period. Nic Pierog notched his 19th goal of the season with an empty-net tally to secure the Monarchs' victory.
Broadcaster Matt Thompson and color commentator Pat Richards were inducted into the DCU Wall of Honor pre-game on Saturday.
Next Home Games
Sun., Feb. 3, 2:00 p.m. vs. Manchester: Family Four Pack (4 burgers, 4 sodas and 4 tickets for $48).
Sat., Feb. 9: Pink in the Rink vs. Brampton at 7:00 p.m.
1) 2nd of 3 games honoring the American Cancer Society
2) Royals will wear specialty pink jerseys
3) Ladies Night
4) Enter for a chance to win a 2017 Toyota Camry, courtesy of AutoRide of Reading
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 2, 2019
- Rays Strike for 3 in 3rd to Take Down Mavericks - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Snap Skid in High Scoring Game - Jacksonville IceMen
- Parks Backstops Rush to Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Gladiators Goal in Final Three Seconds Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Win Penalty-Filled Game, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Split Weekend with South Carolina, Drop Saturday's Game 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Cruise to Weekend Sweep - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Manchester shuts out Royals, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Everblades Overpower Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Hoppy Trails: 'Blades Down Swamp Rabbits, 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Close Weekend with Thrilling 4-3 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Three-Goal Second Sends K-Wings Past Nailers 5-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Edge Orlando in Pulse-Pounding Game of the Year - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Rolled in Cincinnati - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Shut out Royals, 3-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Martin and McNicholas Lead Mariners over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Turnovers Hurt Thunder in 5-3 Loss to Maine - Adirondack Thunder
- Holy Smokes: Railers Smoke Growlers in Newfoundland 5-1 - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Fall 5-1 to the Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Ducks Assign Forward Alex Dostie to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Wings Game Day Snap Shot, February 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 2 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Tulsa Oilers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Game Day: Royals Host Jam-Packed Saturday vs. Manchester - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Central Division Battle Sends K-Wings to Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.