Manchester shuts out Royals, 3-0
Reading, PA - Reading, PA - The Reading Royals dropped, 3-0, to the Manchester Monarchs in the first game of a back-to-back Saturday at Santander Arena. The Royals are 2-4-1-1 against the Monarchs this season.
Andrew D'Agostini made made 35 saves on 37 shots in the loss, ending his run of six-straight games earning points. He is now 0-1-1-0 against Manchester this season.
Royals forward Tyson Fawcett made his debut Saturday, earning a spot in the starting lineup.
Charles Williams secured the shutout victory for the Monarchs, making 33 saves. He now holds a 4-0-0-0 record against the Royals this season.
D'Agostini stopped all 14 shots in the first period, including a kick-save after Reading gave the puck away in the final seconds.
Tim Shoup sent Frank DiChiara into a somersault before both men dropped the gloves midway through the second period. The Royals ended up short-handed and the Monarchs capitalized on the resulting opportunity by notching the first goal of the game. Chris Carlisle sent the puck underneath the arm of D'Agostini at the 9:46 mark shortly after he made four consecutive saves.
The Monarchs doubled their lead with a tip-in from Spencer Watson over D'Agostini's left shoulder with two minutes left in the third period. Nic Pierog notched his 19th goal of the season with an empty-net tally to secure the Monarchs' victory.
Broadcaster Matt Thompson and color commentator Pat Richards were inducted into the DCU Wall of Honor pre-game on Saturday.
Next Home Games
Sun., Feb. 3, 2:00 p.m. vs. Manchester: Family Four Pack (4 burgers, 4 sodas and 4 tickets for $48).
Sat., Feb. 9: Pink in the Rink vs. Brampton at 7:00 p.m.
1) 2nd of 3 games honoring the American Cancer Society
2) Royals will wear specialty pink jerseys
3) Ladies Night
4) Enter for a chance to win a 2017 Toyota Camry, courtesy of AutoRide of Reading
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 2, 2019
- Rays Strike for 3 in 3rd to Take Down Mavericks - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Snap Skid in High Scoring Game - Jacksonville IceMen
- Parks Backstops Rush to Shootout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Gladiators Goal in Final Three Seconds Sends Solar Bears to 4-3 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Wings Win Penalty-Filled Game, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Mavericks Split Weekend with South Carolina, Drop Saturday's Game 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Cyclones Cruise to Weekend Sweep - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Manchester shuts out Royals, 3-0 - Reading Royals
- Everblades Overpower Swamp Rabbits - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Hoppy Trails: 'Blades Down Swamp Rabbits, 4-1 - Florida Everblades
- Steelheads Close Weekend with Thrilling 4-3 OT Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Three-Goal Second Sends K-Wings Past Nailers 5-2 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Glads Edge Orlando in Pulse-Pounding Game of the Year - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Rolled in Cincinnati - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Shut out Royals, 3-0 - Manchester Monarchs
- Martin and McNicholas Lead Mariners over Thunder - Maine Mariners
- Turnovers Hurt Thunder in 5-3 Loss to Maine - Adirondack Thunder
- Holy Smokes: Railers Smoke Growlers in Newfoundland 5-1 - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Fall 5-1 to the Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
- Ducks Assign Forward Alex Dostie to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Wings Game Day Snap Shot, February 2 - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - February 2 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Tulsa Oilers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Culkin Recalled to Laval - Maine Mariners
- Game Day: Royals Host Jam-Packed Saturday vs. Manchester - Reading Royals
- Game Day: Central Division Battle Sends K-Wings to Wheeling - Kalamazoo Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Matt Christine Named Royals Marketing Director
- F Chris McCarthy Signs PTO with Hershey Bears
- Season-Ending 18 Skinny Stats for 18 Seasons
- Royals End Regular Season on Six-Game Win Streak, 5-3, vs. Adirondack
- Swavely Returned on Loan Prior to Reading' Saturday Home Finale