Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds
San Antonio Missions (60-36) vs. Nashville Sounds (40-55)
Game #97/Home Game #52
Wednesday July 17, 7:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Aaron Wilkerson (6-1, 2.72) vs. RHP Austin Bibens-Dirkx (0-1, 3.68)
Early and Often: The Missions scored in the first inning for the seventh time in their last nine games last night. 20.1% (11-of-53) of the runs the Missions have scored in the first inning of games this season have come in their last nine games.
Swings and Misses: San Antonio pitchers combined to strikeout a season-high 16 batters last night. It was the fourth game since the All-Star break in which the Missions have fanned at least 10 opponents. On the season San Antonio is 29-9 when collecting at least 10 punch outs.
Dinger Diaries: Trent Grisham homered again last night and has now gone deep in three straight games. It is the third time this season the 22-year-old has hit a home run in three straight games and second while with San Antonio. He hit a long ball in each of his first three Triple-A games this season from June 20-23. Grisham homered in a career-long four straight games from May 31-June 3 with Double-A Biloxi. Over his last four games Grisham is batting .611 (11-for-18) with 10 runs, 4 home runs, 7 RBI, 2 walks, and 2 steals.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
Minor League Baseball (@milb)
Trent Grisham is enjoying Triple-A. Immensely. The No. 30 #Brewers prospect homered for the third straight game during his fourth consecutive multi-hit effort with the @missionsmilb. https://atmlb.com/2xNSRKF
Tom Haudricourt (@Haudricourt)
Trent Grisham is going nuts
MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline)
Did Trent Grisham homer for @missionsmilb on ... Sunday? Yes, twice. Monday? Yes. Tuesday? Of course. The #Brewers' No. 30 prospect is on an absolute tear and has 22 homers, easily a career high, through 85 games. @Brewers' top prospects stats: https://atmlb.com/2JN251r
Ticket Return (@TicketReturn)
The @missionsmilb are on the back stretch of their series [????] the @nashvillesounds: Will you help support the @Brewers of the future? Tonight is 'Military Appreciation Night,' and tomorrow the Missions again transform into the Flying Chanclas! TICKETS: buff.ly/2K7DgP3
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Chasers Batter 'Cakes 9-8 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Split Doubleheader - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Stu Scally Promoted to Express Assistant General Manager of Sales - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-55) at San Antonio Missions (60-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-58) at Round Rock Express (56-40) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony Friday, July 19 at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Team up with Just Keep Livin Foundation to Host "Alright Alright Alright Night" on Saturday, August 3 - Round Rock Express
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City to Take Field this Weekend During Celebracion Cielo Azul - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Split Two Games in Reno Tuesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces, Lively Dominant against El Paso - Reno Aces
- River Cats bounce back in game two to split doubleheader - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies as Winning Ways Continue - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies Iso-"topped" 7-2 on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Missions Sneak Past Sounds for Sixth Straight Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds Lose Tight Game in San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Devour I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Smith Drives in Seven Runs for Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.