Aces, Lively Dominant against El Paso
Reno, NV. - For the second consecutive night, the Aces starting pitcher came out with their best stuff. Ben Lively, making his Greater Nevada Field debut, went five innings tonight against the Chihuahuas, allowed no runs on four hits and struck out seven. Reno's offense put up five runs against the El Paso pitching tonight to secure their 42nd victory of the season. Wilmer Flores, down on Major League rehab, went 2-for-5 in his second game in Reno with a run scored and one RBI. Matt Szczur led the offense as a whole with a 3-for-4 performance. The 5-3 victory ensures Reno at least a series split against the Chihuahuas in this four-game series. Right-hander Riley Smith will take on Bryan Mitchell tomorrow night with the first pitch slated for 7:05 p.m.
Top Performers - Reno
Wilmer Flores (2-for-5, R, RBI)
Matt Szczur (3-for-4, R, RBI)
Ben Lively (5.0 IP, 7 K, 4 H, 0 ER)
Top Performers - El Paso Chihuahuas
Jose Pirela (4-for-4, 2 HR)
Matthew Batten (2-for-4, R)
Kazuhisa Mikita (2.0 IP, 0 H, 3 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Wednesday July 17 El Paso Chihuahuas RHP Riley Smith vs. RHP Bryan Mitchell 7:05 p.m. KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
Triples: Travis Snider tripled for his second consecutive game in tonight's ballgame. The last time Snider tripled in back-to-back games came all the way back on April 18 & 19, 2007 with Lansing. His four triples this season are good for second-most in his career. He had seven in 2007 with Lansing.
Lively Arms: Ben Lively made his Greater Nevada Field debut tonight. Following three starts on the road, Lively saved his best start for the home crowd. The right-hander went five innings, struck out seven and did not allow an earned run. With the win, Lively improves to 5-1 in the Pacific Coast League this season (4-1 with Omaha & 1-0 with Reno).
Wilmer: Wilmer Flores appears to be ready for the Major Leagues. In his second game with Reno on Major League rehab, Flores finished 2-for-5 with a run scored and an RBI. He is 4-9 overall in Reno and has scored two runs and driven in four RBI.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Chasers Batter 'Cakes 9-8 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Split Doubleheader - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Stu Scally Promoted to Express Assistant General Manager of Sales - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-55) at San Antonio Missions (60-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-58) at Round Rock Express (56-40) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony Friday, July 19 at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Team up with Just Keep Livin Foundation to Host "Alright Alright Alright Night" on Saturday, August 3 - Round Rock Express
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City to Take Field this Weekend During Celebracion Cielo Azul - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Split Two Games in Reno Tuesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces, Lively Dominant against El Paso - Reno Aces
- River Cats bounce back in game two to split doubleheader - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies as Winning Ways Continue - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies Iso-"topped" 7-2 on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Missions Sneak Past Sounds for Sixth Straight Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds Lose Tight Game in San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Devour I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Smith Drives in Seven Runs for Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Nevada Women's Fund Announces Event Chair, Aces GM Emily Jaenson, Keynote Speaker, Dr. Jen Welter, for 2020 Salute to Women of Achievement Luncheon
- Zack Bayrouty Named New Voice of the Reno Aces
- Hot Stove Luncheon to Feature Former MLB All-Star Orlando Hudson, Josh Barfield
- Chris Cron Back for Second Season at the Helm, Entire Field Staff Returns
- Archie & Truckee to Make Christmas Morning Visit to Renown Children's Hospital