Chihuahuas Split Two Games in Reno Tuesday
El Paso 6 Reno 5 - Completion of Suspended Game - 11 Innings
WP: F. Rodriguez (1-0)
LP: Luetge (0-1)
S: Higgins (1)
Jose Pirela hit an RBI single in the top of the 11th inning and Boog Powell made a diving catch to end the bottom of the 11th inning in the El Paso Chihuahuas' 6-5 win over the Reno Aces. The game began on April 15th and was suspended by a Pacific Coast League travel curfew that day.
The Chihuahuas are 5-1 in extra-inning games in 2019.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-aces/2019/04/15/580054#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=580054
Reno 5 El Paso 3 - Tuesday
WP: Lively (5-1)
LP: Keel (6-5)
S: Crichton (1)
The El Paso Chihuahuas scored the three final runs of the regularly scheduled game Tuesday but lost to the Reno Aces 5-3. It was El Paso's third consecutive loss.
Jose Pirela went 4-for-4 with two home runs for the Chihuahuas and now has 14 hits, four homers and 13 RBIs in five games against Reno this season. Matthew Batten went 2-for-4 for El Paso and now has hits in nine of his last 10 games.
Ben Lively pitched five shutout innings for Reno Tuesday. Aces' starters have allowed only one run in 13 innings in this series.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-aces/2019/07/16/580094#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=580094
Team Records: El Paso (57-38), Reno (41-54)
Next Game: Wednesday, 8:05 pm at Greater Nevada Field. El Paso RHP Bryan Mitchell (0-1, 13.50) vs. Reno RHP Riley Smith (1-0, 6.11). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Chasers Batter 'Cakes 9-8 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Split Doubleheader - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Stu Scally Promoted to Express Assistant General Manager of Sales - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-55) at San Antonio Missions (60-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-58) at Round Rock Express (56-40) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony Friday, July 19 at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Team up with Just Keep Livin Foundation to Host "Alright Alright Alright Night" on Saturday, August 3 - Round Rock Express
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City to Take Field this Weekend During Celebracion Cielo Azul - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Split Two Games in Reno Tuesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces, Lively Dominant against El Paso - Reno Aces
- River Cats bounce back in game two to split doubleheader - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies as Winning Ways Continue - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies Iso-"topped" 7-2 on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Missions Sneak Past Sounds for Sixth Straight Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds Lose Tight Game in San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Devour I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Smith Drives in Seven Runs for Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.