Bees Split Doubleheader
The Salt Lake Bees split a doubleheader with the Sacramento River Cats on Tuesday night.
In game one, the Bees downed the River Cats 12-5 with the help of a multi home run effort by Jose Rojas. The Bees got on the board first with a solo shot by Rojas to make it a 1-0 game.
In the third frame, Taylor Ward and Rojas belted back-to-back homers to extend the lead 3-0. The Bees bats continued to dominate as they plated two runs in the fourth, three runs in the fifth and four runs in the sixth. Salt Lake starter Dillon Peters (4-1) took the winning decision as he went five innings and allowed five runs on nine hits while fanning six batters. Peters was relieved by Jake Jewell, who tossed two scoreless frames to secure game one. Rojas led the Bees offense after going 4-for-4 with four RBI, four runs scored, two homers and two doubles. The Bees bats collected 14 hits with nine of them being extra-base hits.
In game two, Sacramento used a late two-run home run to defeat Salt Lake 8-6. The Bees got off to a hot start, scoring four runs in the first inning. Jared Walsh hit a three-run round tripper followed by a RBI single by Brennon Lund to give Salt Lake a 4-0 lead. After pitching a scoreless first frame, Bees starter Parker Bridwell surrendered six runs (four earned) on nine hits in the next three frames and was relieved in the fifth. In the sixth, the Bees tied the game up at 6-6 with Roberto Pena and Bo Way each delivering a RBI-single. The River Cats hit a go-ahead two-run home run with two outs in the last frame off Bees reliever Greg Mahle (1-4) to help secure game two. Taylor Ward finished 3-for-4 in game two of the doubleheader and went 6-for-8 during the doubleheader.
The Bees and River Cats return to Smith's Ballpark for Cyprus Credit Union Dollar Dog Night on Wednesday. First pitch is scheduled at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Chasers Batter 'Cakes 9-8 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Split Doubleheader - Salt Lake Bees
- Game Notes vs. El Paso - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Stu Scally Promoted to Express Assistant General Manager of Sales - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (40-55) at San Antonio Missions (60-36) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (38-58) at Round Rock Express (56-40) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 17, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony Friday, July 19 at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Team up with Just Keep Livin Foundation to Host "Alright Alright Alright Night" on Saturday, August 3 - Round Rock Express
- Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City to Take Field this Weekend During Celebracion Cielo Azul - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Split Two Games in Reno Tuesday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces, Lively Dominant against El Paso - Reno Aces
- River Cats bounce back in game two to split doubleheader - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Defeat Grizzlies as Winning Ways Continue - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Grizzlies Iso-"topped" 7-2 on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Missions Sneak Past Sounds for Sixth Straight Victory - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds Lose Tight Game in San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Dodgers Devour I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Smith Drives in Seven Runs for Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ