Game #24 Preview: Blades at ICE
GAME #24 PREVIEW | Blades @ ICE Dec 4th 2021, 14:30
Saskatoon Blades (12-10-1-0) @ Winnipeg ICE (22-1-1-0)
Date | Time Saturday, December 4th | 7:00pm
Place Wayne Fleming Arena, Winnipeg, MB
Video Stream WHL Live
Radio 600 CJWW Radio | Pre-Game Show w/ Les Lazaruk @ 6:30pm
Mobile App Apple | Android
What's Next Superstore Design-A-Jersey Theme Night | Friday, Dec. 10th vs. Calgary Hitmen (7:00pm)
Social Media Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok
Viewing Party Wendel Clark's Classic Grill & Bar
The Saskatoon Blades (12-10-1-0) and Winnipeg ICE (22-1-1-0) conclude a two-game weekend series at Wayne Fleming Arena.
Saskatoon mounted a late charge in Friday night's affair, scoring twice in the third period to cut the lead to one, but ultimately dropped a 4-3 decision.
The Blades head into the game winless in three straight, and dropping six of the last seven, including two previous contests in mid-November to the ICE.
This is the final game as part of nine straight away from home for Saskatoon, who was vacated from their home building due to Curling Canada's Olympic Trials.
Saskatoon has gone 2-6-0-0 in their previous eight road games, with the lone victories coming in Red Deer (3-1 on Nov. 26) and Brandon (2-1 on Nov. 12).
Who to Watch
Alternate captain Kyle Crnkovic notched the Blades opening marker against Winnipeg on Friday, cutting the ICE' lead to 3-1. The Chestermere, AB product leads the team with 13 goals this season, and has multi-point performances in three of his last four games.
Captain Aidan De La Gorgendiere continues to find the scoresheet, sitting first in team defensive scoring and collecting the second most assists on the team with 18. The native of Langley, BC has pitched in on goals in three of the last four games, and has nine points in 12 games since the beginning of November.
Draft eligible forward Brandon Lisowsky notched his 10th goal of the campaign on Friday, and is now up to 15 points this season. The 2019 first-round pick by Saskatoon added an assist to earn his third two-point night of the season.
Higher for Maier
Nolan Maier is on the cusp of eclipsing yet another record milestone. The Yorkton, Sk product will match Braden Holtby for the most starts by a Blades goaltender in franchise history when he laces up in his next game. The pending WHL graduate currently has 176 starts, one back of the Stanley Cup champion.
Maier recorded his franchise-record 100th career victory last month, stopping 46 shots in a 2-1 victory over the Brandon Wheat Kings on Nov. 12 to open the Blades nine-game stint on the road. The Yorkton, SK product eclipsed Tim Cheveldae's franchise record of 85 victories last season, and continues to build on his own record, now sitting at 101 - 19 back of the league record of 120.
Grab some grub and catch the game at Wendel Clark's Classic Grill, where they'll be live streaming all 34 away games this season! Look out for their gameday specials and enjoy the game at one of Saskatoon's finest establishments. Boston Pizza is also streaming Blades games throughout the season!
Saves for Hunger
This season, The Saskatoon Blades have partnered with Nutrien to launch the "Saves for Hunger" Campaign. For every save a Blades netminder makes this season, Nutrien is donating $5 to a local organization. Blades goaltenders have made 643 saves so far, running the tally up to 3215 raised as the team heads into Winnipeg.
Think you know who'll score our first goal? Look for our First Goal Prediction Contest, brought to you by Boston Pizza, on all of our social media platforms! Good luck!
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 4, 2021
- Blades hand ICE first regulation loss at home - Winnipeg Ice
- Calgary Hitmen Fans Toss 15,324 Bears at ENMAX Teddy Bear Toss - Calgary Hitmen
- Americans Take on Cougars for Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss Game - Tri-City Americans
- Gameday Preview - December 4 vs Brandon - Medicine Hat Tigers
- ICE Recall Mettimano - Winnipeg Ice
- Chiefs Host Seattle Thunderbirds in Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Spokane Chiefs
- Game 25 - Saskatoon at ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Road Trip Ends Tonight in Medicine Hat - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Game #24 Preview: Blades at ICE - Saskatoon Blades
- ICE Reassign Young - Winnipeg Ice
- Cougars Use Power Play to Snap Skid - Prince George Cougars
- Game Day Hub: December 4 - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Slip Past T-Birds in Overtime - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Campbell Sends in the Hats in 8-2 Victory over Americans - Everett Silvertips
- Rebels Lacking in Intensity in Shutout Loss to Warriors - Red Deer Rebels
- Wheat Kings Win Thriller in Lethbridge - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Americans Fall to Top-Ranked Silvertips in Everett - Tri-City Americans
- Pats Host Broncos in CHL #LeaveYourMark Jerseys Design Game - Regina Pats
- Tigers Fall to Oil Kings 8-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Giants Earn Fifth Straight Win with a 3-1 Home Victory over Kamloops - Vancouver Giants
- Laroque Scores in OT to Defeat Thunderbirds - Victoria Royals
- ICE Edge Blades 4-3 - Winnipeg Ice
- Penalty Trouble Proves Costly for Chiefs in 4-2 Loss to Prince George - Spokane Chiefs
- Oil Kings Maul the Tigers - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Unger Backstops Warriors to Shutout Win in Red Deer - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Sanders Strikes Twice as Raiders Down Pats - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- Saskatoon Blades Acquire Wild Prospect Josh Pillar from Kamloops Blazers
- Watterodt Nets First Career Goal, Blades Beat Broncos 4-1
- Game Day: Blades Host Broncos in Western Night
- Robins Hat-Trick Leads Blades to Victory in Swift Current
- Game #34 Preview: Blades at Broncos