Follow The IceRays Tuesday Matinee Game At Laredo
The Corpus Christi IceRays will begin a pivotal four-game week on Tuesday morning with a matinee game versus the rival Laredo Bucks at 11:00am. Fans are encouraged to follow the game throughout the late morning and early afternoon on ESPN 1230AM in South Texas, or by viewing the game live through CHL TV. Voice of the IceRays, Josh Bogorad will handle the play-by-play beginning with the Coors Light Countdown to Faceoff show at 10:40am. The IceRays have won a franchise-record six straight games against Laredo, and will try to make it seven in a row on Tuesday. Please visit the IceRays website www.goicerays.com for more information.
With only 19 games remaining in the regular season, the IceRays enter the week one point back from the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees for fifth place in the Southern Conference. They are also chasing Laredo and the Texas Brahmas, who are six and seven points in front of the IceRays respectively. The top five teams in the conference will qualify for the playoffs. A win on Tuesday morning would send the IceRays over the Killer Bees in the standings, and into the fifth and final playoff spot. The IceRays will be busy this week with four games, including three on the road. In addition to Tuesday, the IceRays will also play road games on Friday in Rio Grande Valley, and Sunday at Bossier-Shreveport. Their lone home game of the week will take place on Saturday night at 7:45pm when they host the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs on Pink in the Rink Night, presented by Andrew's Distributing and Radiology & Imaging.
Be part of the one of the IceRays biggest fundraisers of the year. Pink in the Rink Night is an annual event where the Rays join with the American Cancer Society of Corpus Christi to help the fight against breast cancer. This Saturday night the IceRays will wear special pink jerseys that will be auctioned off to fans at the game. They will also use pink sticks and give away pink t-shirts this Saturday. Proceeds from Saturday's game go to benefit the American Cancer Society. Make sure you join the fight and attend Saturday night's Pink in the Rink Night with the IceRays. Caller-Times Family Four packs of tickets are available for just $34, and tickets in an all-you-can-eat section are also available for $18 for adults and $12 for children. Additionally, tickets on game day can be purchased in the Flint Hill's Chill Zone for just $7 each.
Saturday's Pink in the Rink Night is also another installment of the Fine Jewelry Outlet Great Diamond Giveaway. One lucky fan will win an $8,000 diamond at the game, GUARANTEED. To register, simply visit Fine Jewelry Outlet in the Sunrise Mall then attend Saturday's game. Registration is free and quick. For more information, please call the IceRays at 361.814.PUCK or visit them online at www.goicerays.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2010
- Follow The IceRays Tuesday Matinee Game At Laredo - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Join Blaine Jarvis And Riley Weselowski For "The Rush Hour" - Rapid City Rush
- Shots From The Point For February 8th - CHL
- Magic Act 'Quick Change' Scheduled For Tuesday Rush Game - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Acquire Goaltender Charlie Effinger From Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Trade Goalie Effinger, Sign Backstop McKee - Allen Americans
- Brahmas Make Splash In Trades, Acquire Pierce From 'Kings - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Trade For Texas' Godoy - Mississippi RiverKings
- Four Game Week For Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Acquire All-Star Jorgensen, Rights To Deleurme From Wichita - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oakley Central Hockey League Player/Goaltender Of The Week Announced - CHL
- Campbell Earns Goaltender Of The Week - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks To Welcome Nearly 5,000 Kids Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs' Hinz Out For Remainder Of Season - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Makes Deadline Deal - Wichita Thunder
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Weekly Update - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Look To Break The "Curse Of Corpus" Tuesda - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Weekly - February 8th - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Offices Closed, No Radio Show Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale