IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
The Corpus Christi IceRays season came to a close Wednesday night at the NYTEX Sports Centre in North Richland Hill, Texas as they fell 2-0 to the Texas Brahmas in Game Two of the best-of-three Southern Conference Opening Round Series. Brett Jaeger led the way with a 28 save shutout performance as the Brahmas swept the series 2-0 in games. The IceRays would like to thank of all of their fans, season ticket holders, and sponsors for their support in the 2009-2010 season. For more information on IceRays activities throughout the off-season or information regarding the 2010-2011 season, please call 361.814.PUCK or visit the IceRays website at www.goicerays.com.
The Brahmas took an early lead with a pair of first period goals. At 9:01 Matt Pierce scored on a power play from the left circle to make it 1-0 Texas. Then Tyler Skworchinski scored on a nifty setup from Jordan Cameron at 13:19 to increase the Brahmas lead to 2-0. Texas outshot Corpus Christi 11-8 in the period, and took a two-goal lead into the second period.
Neither team found the back of the net in the second period with both teams tallying eight shots on goal.
The IceRays had a game-high 12 shots in the third period, but were unable to pierce the armor of Jaeger, and the Brahmas held on for a 2-0 win. They won the series 2-0, and will face the Odessa Jackalopes in the Southern Conference Semifinals.
Kevin Beech (0-2) took the loss, making 28 saves on 30 shots. Brett Jaeger (2-0) earned the win making 28 saves on 28 shots. The IceRays power play went 0-3 and the Brahmas went 1-4. The IceRays were outshot by the Brahmas 30-28 in the game.
The IceRays would like to thank of all of their fans, season ticket holders, and sponsors for their support in the 2009-2010 season. For more information on IceRays activities throughout the off-season or information regarding the 2010-2011 season, please call 361.814.PUCK or visit the IceRays website at www.goicerays.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2010
- Texas Advances To Semifinals, Beat 'Rays 2-0 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas and Jackalopes Face-Off in South Semifinals - CHL
- RiverKings Even Series With Home Win Over Missouri - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavs Lose Tight One In Game 2, 2-1 To Mississippi - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks to Face Brahmas in Conference Semifinals - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two top goal scorers featured on this week's Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Eagles Add Amateur O'Malley To Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Venom Players On KGNC Tomorrow Morning - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nino Musitelli Named Oakley CHL Player Of The Week - Allen Americans
- RiverKings Look To Stop Mavericks At Home Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks, Americans Series Preview - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi IceRays Stories
- Don'T Forget About Justin Quenneville's Retirement Party Tonight
- IceRays Host Street Hockey Challenge
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas
- IceRays Fall 5-4 In Overtime To Brahmas, Trail Series 1-0
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale