Nino Musitelli Named Oakley CHL Player Of The Week
ALLEN, Texas - The Central Hockey League announced that forward Nino Musitelli was named Oakley CHL Player of the Week for the period ending March 20, 2010.
Musitelli had multiple-point efforts in all three Americans games and had tallies in all three contests as well. He finished with nine points (5-49) and a +2 plus/minus rating in his team's 2-1-0 week.
To start the week, he nabbed two goals and two assists in Wednesday's 5-2 win over Missouri. He finished the week with two goals and an assist in the Americans victory over Amarillo on the regular season's final day.
The Macomb, Michigan, native finished the regular season with 23 goals and 40 assists for Allen. Musitelli joins teammates Justin Bowers and Chris Whitley as Americans that have won the weekly awards. Bowers received the honor Nov. 20, 2009, and Whitley was named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week on three occasions: Nov. 23, Jan. 4 and Jan. 25.
The expansion club finished as the number two seed in the Southern Conference. The Americans first-ever post-season action will be Friday when they host the Laredo Bucks at 7:30 p.m. at the Allen Event Center. Game Two is slated for Saturday at the Event Center as well. Tickets are available at 972-912-1000.
To kick off their playoff run, the Americans are hosting a playoff pep rally today at 7:00 p.m. in front of the Allen Event Center. Fans are encouraged to attend to wish the team good luck in the club's first playoff run.
Nino Musitelli's Weekly Totals Games Played: 3 Goals: 5 Assists: 4 Points: 9 Plus/Minus: +2
Playoff Tickets On Sale Now Fans can purchase playoffs tickets now. Tickets start as low as $7. To order, call 972-912-1000 or 1-866-4-GET-TIX (1-866-443-8849), go to gettix.net or stop by the Allen Event Center Box Office. The Box Office is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Fans interested in 10 tickets or more to any one game or tickets to multiple games are encouraged to speak with an Allen Americans representative regarding group discounts and savings off walk-up prices at 972.912.1000.
The Americans, the Dallas Stars' CHL affiliate, began play last fall in the newly built Allen Event Center in The Village at Allen. Season tickets, partial plans and group tickets are on sale now, and corporate partnerships are also available. Ticket plans start as low as $33 per seat. For information, call 972.912.1000 or visit allenamericans.com. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2010
- Texas Advances To Semifinals, Beat 'Rays 2-0 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas and Jackalopes Face-Off in South Semifinals - CHL
- RiverKings Even Series With Home Win Over Missouri - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavs Lose Tight One In Game 2, 2-1 To Mississippi - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks to Face Brahmas in Conference Semifinals - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two top goal scorers featured on this week's Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Eagles Add Amateur O'Malley To Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Venom Players On KGNC Tomorrow Morning - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nino Musitelli Named Oakley CHL Player Of The Week - Allen Americans
- RiverKings Look To Stop Mavericks At Home Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks, Americans Series Preview - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Add Top-Two Defenseman Turner Ottenbreit
- Riley Gill's #30 to be Retired December 19th
- Allen Americans Build Marketing Unit with Tyler Vertin & Casey Rusnak
- Americans Welcome Back Former Kelly Cup Winner Dyson Stevenson
- Goalie CJ Motte Returns to Allen After a Season in Europe