Eagles Add Amateur O'Malley To Roster
WINDSOR, Colo. - The Colorado Eagles announced today that they have added amateur forward Brett O'Malley to their playoff roster. Each team in the Central Hockey League is allowed to carry two amateur players during the Ray Miron President's Cup playoffs.
O'Malley spent the past four seasons with the University of Calgary Dinos, where he acted as one of the team's assistant captains for the past two seasons. In that time, the 5-foot-11-inch, 175-pound forward registered 90 points (49-41-90) and 200 penalty minutes in 129 games.
Prior to his time with the Dinos, the right-handed shooter played five seasons in the Western Hockey League, split between two different teams (the Lethbridge Hurricanes & the Calgary Hitmen). In 327 WHL games, he registered 126 points (52-74-126) and 250 PIMs.
O'Malley, who will wear number 37 for Colorado, is coming off a strong final season with the Dinos in which he scored a late, game-winning goal to propel his team into the playoffs. Other hockey highlights include representing Canada at the IIHF U-18 world championship in 2002 where he had a goal and two assists playing alongside current NHLers Eric Staal and Pierre-Marc Bouchard, and attending a tryout camp with the New York Islanders in 2003.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 24, 2010
- Texas Advances To Semifinals, Beat 'Rays 2-0 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- IceRays Season Ends With 2-0 Loss At Texas - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas and Jackalopes Face-Off in South Semifinals - CHL
- RiverKings Even Series With Home Win Over Missouri - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mavs Lose Tight One In Game 2, 2-1 To Mississippi - Kansas City Mavericks
- Jacks to Face Brahmas in Conference Semifinals - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two top goal scorers featured on this week's Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Eagles Add Amateur O'Malley To Roster - Colorado Eagles
- Venom Players On KGNC Tomorrow Morning - Amarillo Gorillas
- Nino Musitelli Named Oakley CHL Player Of The Week - Allen Americans
- RiverKings Look To Stop Mavericks At Home Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks, Americans Series Preview - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid