Mavericks Acquire Goaltender Charlie Effinger From Allen
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Missouri Mavericks announced today the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has acquired goaltender Charlie Effinger from the Allen Americans to fulfill a December 21,2009 trade that sent defenseman Sean Perkins to the Americans for future considerations. The Mavericks also announced the club has released goaltender Alexandre Vincent.
Effinger, 24 (11/23/85), played in 14 games for the Americans this season and had an 8-3-1 record, 2.34 goals-against average (GAA) and.921 save percentage. The Belleville, Illinois native is playing in his second pro season having played for the Trenton Devils of the ECHL in his rookie campaign. The 6-foot-1, 165-pound netminder recorded two shutouts for the Americans this season and was the Sher-Wood/TPS CHL Goaltender of the Month for the month of October. Effinger attended the American Hockey League's Texas Stars' training camp prior to the season, and was the first Americans' player to receive and AHL call-up on October 30, 2009.
"We're excited to bring a player of Charlie's caliber to the Mavericks," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "He has great numbers this year and a lot of experience playing at the NCAA level for Miami University (Ohio). He was impressed with the Mavericks on his last visit and made a request to come here which is a true testament to our fans."
Vincent, 23 (12/11/86), played in 20 games for Missouri this season and finished with a 3.53 GAA and.886 save percentage. The Drummondville, Quebec native was 8-11-1 and had one shutout for the Mavericks this season.
"We liked Vinny (Vincent), but his numbers were not as strong as of late," said Hillman. "He did a great job and earned wins that we wouldn't have had without him, but we had to let him go and we wish him all the best."
The Mavericks close out their six-game home stand Thursday night when they host the Bossier Shreveport Mudbugs. It's a Thirsty Thursday and fans are encouraged to take advantage of drink specials from 6-7 p.m. The Mavericks and Kennedy's Jewelry are also giving away 10 sets of diamond earrings to 10 lucky fans Thursday night. Tickets are available by calling (866) 443-8849 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2010
- Follow The IceRays Tuesday Matinee Game At Laredo - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Join Blaine Jarvis And Riley Weselowski For "The Rush Hour" - Rapid City Rush
- Shots From The Point For February 8th - CHL
- Magic Act 'Quick Change' Scheduled For Tuesday Rush Game - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavericks Acquire Goaltender Charlie Effinger From Allen - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Trade Goalie Effinger, Sign Backstop McKee - Allen Americans
- Brahmas Make Splash In Trades, Acquire Pierce From 'Kings - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings Trade For Texas' Godoy - Mississippi RiverKings
- Four Game Week For Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Mudbugs Acquire All-Star Jorgensen, Rights To Deleurme From Wichita - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Oakley Central Hockey League Player/Goaltender Of The Week Announced - CHL
- Campbell Earns Goaltender Of The Week - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks To Welcome Nearly 5,000 Kids Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs' Hinz Out For Remainder Of Season - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Makes Deadline Deal - Wichita Thunder
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings Weekly Update - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks Look To Break The "Curse Of Corpus" Tuesda - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- Thunder Weekly - February 8th - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings Offices Closed, No Radio Show Tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Home Schedule
- Mavericks Trainer Nick Potter Wins ECHL Athletic Trainer of the Year Award
- Kansas City Mavericks Wrap up 10th Season with Return to the Playoffs
- Mavericks Eliminated in Game Seven Loss at Tulsa
- Mavericks Head to Game Seven After 4-2 Loss in Game Six at Tulsa