Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix
Fresno, Calif. - Luke Curtin scored two goals and added an assist to lead the Fresno Falcons to a 5-2 win over the Phoenix RoadRunners on Tuesday in front of 3,088 fans at Save Mart Center. Fresno improves to 30-14-8 on the season with the win.
The Falcons got off to a quick start, taking a 1-0 lead just 39 seconds into the first period. Brady Leisenring set up Curtin in the left-wing circle, and Curtin blasted a shot past Rudkowsky for his 10th goal of the season. Leisenring's assist extended his scoring streak to 11 games.
Fresno struck for a pair of goals just 1:05 apart late in the first period to take a 3-0 lead into the first intermission. Matt Quinn scored his seventh goal of the season at 16:40, pushing the rebound of a Daryl Marcoux shot past Rudkowsky on the far post.
At 17:45, Tyler Kindle skated into the Phoenix zone, and stuffed a shot past Rudkowsky on the near post for his ninth of the season.
The RoadRunners scored the lone goal of the second period to make it a one-goal game after 40 minutes. Pederk Skinner gathered in a pass from Ian Turner, and snapped a shot past Kris Mayotte from the right-wing circle for a power-play goal at 6:52.
Curtin added his second goal of the night on a power play 6:18 into the third period. Oren Eizenman fed Curtin in the high slot, and he blasted a shot past Rudkowsky to extend Fresno's lead to 4-1.
Phoenix went on a power play with 2:01 remaining in the third period, and pulled Rudkowsky for an extra attacker. P.O. Beaulieu took advantage of the empty net, sending a shot down the length of the ice and into the goal giving the Falcons a 5-1 lead.
Nicolas Bachand scored on the same power play for the RoadRunners at 19:01 to set the final.
Mayotte made 26 saves to improve his record on the season to 13-6-4.
Fresno is back in action on Friday, hosting the Cincinnati Cyclones at 7:30 p.m. on Go Red for Women Heart Night, presented by the American Heart Association, Community Medical Center, CBS 47, and Alice 96.7. The first 2,000 fans in attendance receive a red tote bag, and there will be an on-ice celebration for all heart-disease survivors.
Tickets for all Falcons' home games can be purchased at the Save Mart Center Box Office, or through TicketMaster at (559) 485-TIXS or www.ticketmaster.com. All Falcons games air on 790 ESPN Radio, The Deuce, starting with the Port of Subs Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face off.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2008
- Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix - Fresno Falcons
- Inferno dispatch Sea Wolves 6-4 - Columbia Inferno
- Inferno's Hot Third Scorches Sea Wolves - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Marc Cavosie Loaned To Albany - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Score Four Unanswered Goals to Beat Augusta 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday - Augusta Lynx
- Condors serving help for the community - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Concludes MidSeason Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Schwarz named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield's Robinson Fined - ECHL
- Stockton's Beeman Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Victoria's Wade Suspended Two Games - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Falcons Add Carbery To Mix - Fresno Falcons
- Wolf Pack Transactions - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers To Shave Heads For Charity On March 8 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska's Schwarz Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fans Flock to Beef 'O' Brady's for First Tip-A-Pilot - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Host Lynx Tonight at 7:05pm - South Carolina Stingrays
- Let It Be... - Reading Royals
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Head Coach Raymond Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Balanced attack, Fisher's 35 saves mark third straight Thunder win - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Storms Past RoadRunners 4-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.