60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday
The Augusta Lynx played well enough to win on Tuesday night in Charleston, South Carolina... through the first 40 minutes anyway. However, it was the final 20 minutes that would elude the Lynx on this night as the Stingrays poured in three goals in the 3rd period to win going away, 5-2.
The Lynx got off on the right foot, as #20 Matt Auffrey scored his 20th goal of the season tipping in a power play goal with assists to #25 Adrian Veideman and #15 Eric Lundberg. It was the first time in the last seven games the Lynx have scored the first goal of the game.
South Carolina answered back early in the 2nd period as Chris Chaput collected a loose rebound in front after a save from #1 Gerald Coleman to make it 1-1. The Lynx went back up 2-1, again on the power play with a one-timer goal from #11 Matt Christie, his 10th of the season with help from Lundberg and #12 Ryan Dingle. The Stingrays answered back yet again with a one-timer goal from Trent Campbell to tie the game at 2-2 after two periods.
The 3rd period was all Stingrays, as Paul McIlveen, Grant McNeil, and Chris Chaput all scored 3rd period goals to defeat the Lynx 5-2. The Lynx mounted a couple of offensive chances, but Stingrays goaltender Davis Parley stopped all 11 Lynx shots in the final frame to preserve the win.
South Carolina now holds a 4-3 advantage over the Lynx this season. South Carolina outshot the Lynx 35-29 for the game. The Lynx went 2 for 5 on the power play, while the Stingrays went 1 for 4.
HH Gregg 3-Stars of the Game:
1) Chris Chaput
2) Steve Pinizzotto
3) Grant McNeil
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2008
- Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix - Fresno Falcons
- Inferno dispatch Sea Wolves 6-4 - Columbia Inferno
- Inferno's Hot Third Scorches Sea Wolves - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Marc Cavosie Loaned To Albany - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Score Four Unanswered Goals to Beat Augusta 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday - Augusta Lynx
- Condors serving help for the community - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Concludes MidSeason Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Schwarz named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield's Robinson Fined - ECHL
- Stockton's Beeman Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Victoria's Wade Suspended Two Games - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Falcons Add Carbery To Mix - Fresno Falcons
- Wolf Pack Transactions - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers To Shave Heads For Charity On March 8 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska's Schwarz Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fans Flock to Beef 'O' Brady's for First Tip-A-Pilot - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Host Lynx Tonight at 7:05pm - South Carolina Stingrays
- Let It Be... - Reading Royals
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Head Coach Raymond Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Balanced attack, Fisher's 35 saves mark third straight Thunder win - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Storms Past RoadRunners 4-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.