Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, ECHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens and Nashville Predators, announced this afternoon that Mathieu Aubin has been named In Glas Co ECHL Player of the Week for the week ending February 22, 2008. Aubin, 21, netted five goals and added three assists for an eight point week as the Cyclones won all three games last week and extended their ECHL record winning streak to 15 games.
Aubin, a native of Sorel, Quebec, is the first Cyclones player to collect the In Glas Co Player of the Month award since Sam Ftorek captured the award from Jan. 29 through Feb. 4 of last season. The 6-foot-2, 204 pounder scored a pair of goals against Dayton on Wednesday, including the game winner with 12.7 seconds left in overtime in a 3-2 win. Friday, Mathieu collected a goal and three assists in a 5-2 win over Johnstown. Saturday, he netted goals a club-record 13 seconds apart and tallied a score in the shootout of a 5-4 win over Elmira.
For the season, Aubin has netted 16 goals and eleven assists for 27 points in 26 games with the Cyclones. Mathieu has also appeared in 20 games with Hamilton (AHL)-collecting two goals and four assists for six points. The second-year pro was a fifth-round draft pick of the Montreal Canadiens in 2005, is the son of former Cincinnati Tigers (CHL) forward Normand Aubin.
Cincinnati is currently the leader of the North Division with a 40-8-1 record, the first time the club has ever won 40 games in a season.
The Cyclones open a four-game road trip to California on Thursday night with a 10pm (ET) game at Stockton. That game can be heard on 96 Rock (96.5 FM in Cincinnati).
The Cincinnati Cyclones play a pair of games at U.S. Bank Arena next weekend (March 7-8) against the Reading Royals. Face off both nights ts at 7:30pm. Tickets for all Cyclones games can be purchased at the U.S. Bank Arena box office, all Ticketmaster outlets including select Kroger stores, charge by phone at 513-562-4949 or online at ticketmaster.com. The most up-to-date information and broadcast of the games can be found on our website www.cycloneshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2008
- Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix - Fresno Falcons
- Inferno dispatch Sea Wolves 6-4 - Columbia Inferno
- Inferno's Hot Third Scorches Sea Wolves - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Marc Cavosie Loaned To Albany - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Score Four Unanswered Goals to Beat Augusta 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday - Augusta Lynx
- Condors serving help for the community - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Concludes MidSeason Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Schwarz named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield's Robinson Fined - ECHL
- Stockton's Beeman Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Victoria's Wade Suspended Two Games - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Falcons Add Carbery To Mix - Fresno Falcons
- Wolf Pack Transactions - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers To Shave Heads For Charity On March 8 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska's Schwarz Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fans Flock to Beef 'O' Brady's for First Tip-A-Pilot - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Host Lynx Tonight at 7:05pm - South Carolina Stingrays
- Let It Be... - Reading Royals
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Head Coach Raymond Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Balanced attack, Fisher's 35 saves mark third straight Thunder win - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Storms Past RoadRunners 4-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.