Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week
February 26, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Cincinnati right wing Mathieu
Aubin is the In Glas Co ECHL Player of the Week for Feb. 18-24.
The 6-foot-3 and 204-pound forward had five goals and eight points in three
games to help the Cyclones go 3-0-0 and extend their winning streak to an
ECHL record 15 games.
After scoring the game winner on the power play in a 3-2 overtime win
against Dayton on Feb. 21, the 21 year old had a season-high four points
(1g-3a) in a 5-2 win against Johnstown on Feb. 22. He ended the week
scoring two power-play goals and registering a goal in the shootout as the
Cyclones beat Elmira 5-4 on Feb. 23.
Drafted in the fifth round (130th overall) by Montreal in the 2005 NHL
Entry Draft and under NHL contract to the Canadiens, Aubin has 27 points
(16g-11a) and 36 penalty minutes in 26 games with Cincinnati while also
playing in the American Hockey League where he has six points (2g-4a) and
eight penalty minutes in 20 games with Hamilton.
In his first professional season in 2006-07, the Sorel, Quebec native had
37 points (12g-25a) and 32 penalty minutes in 38 regular season games and
nine points (4g-5a) and 10 penalty minutes in 10 Kelly Cup Playoff games
for the Cyclones. He also played in the AHL as a rookie and had five points
(2g-3a) and four penalty minutes in 17 games with Hamilton.
Prior to turning professional, Aubin had 190 points (85g-105a) and 121
penalty minutes in 187 regular season games and 18 points (7g-11a) and 12
penalty minutes in 21 playoff games with Lewiston in the Quebec Major
Junior Hockey League.
On behalf of Mathieu
Aubin, a case of pucks will be donated to a Cincinnati area youth
hockey organization by In Glas Co, the exclusive puck supplier for
the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, In
Glas Co has donated more than 19,000 pucks to youth hockey
organizations in ECHL cities.
Also Nominated: Bobby
Bolt (Augusta), Ryan
Smyth (Dayton), Kirk
MacDonald (Florida), Brady
Leisenring (Fresno), Adam
Berti (Pensacola), Chris
Chaput (South Carolina), Joe
Rooney (Trenton) and Rob
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2008
- Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix - Fresno Falcons
- Inferno dispatch Sea Wolves 6-4 - Columbia Inferno
- Inferno's Hot Third Scorches Sea Wolves - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Marc Cavosie Loaned To Albany - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Score Four Unanswered Goals to Beat Augusta 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday - Augusta Lynx
- Condors serving help for the community - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Concludes MidSeason Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Schwarz named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield's Robinson Fined - ECHL
- Stockton's Beeman Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Victoria's Wade Suspended Two Games - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Falcons Add Carbery To Mix - Fresno Falcons
- Wolf Pack Transactions - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers To Shave Heads For Charity On March 8 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska's Schwarz Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fans Flock to Beef 'O' Brady's for First Tip-A-Pilot - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Host Lynx Tonight at 7:05pm - South Carolina Stingrays
- Let It Be... - Reading Royals
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Head Coach Raymond Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Balanced attack, Fisher's 35 saves mark third straight Thunder win - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Storms Past RoadRunners 4-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.