RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson
PHOENIX, Ariz. - The Phoenix RoadRunners of the ECHL, a proud affiliate of the San Jose Sharks and the Worcester Sharks, have acquired veteran forward Dusty Jamieson from the Charlotte Checkers in exchange for forward Justin Maiser.
Jamieson, 26, was second on the Checkers with 17 goals and also added nine assists for 26 points in 53 games. The Forest, Ontario native and sixth-year professional began his professional career in Charlotte back in 2002-03, and has played all but 10 games in a Checkers uniform. Jamieson led Charlotte in goals in four out of his five full seasons, and also led the club in scoring twice, including the 2005-06 season where tallied career-highs with 30 goals, 31 assists, and 61 points in 62 games.
Jamieson has been named the ECHL's In Glas Co Player of the Week twice in his career, and was also named the CCM Tacks Player of the Month in October, 2006 after he opened the 2006-07 season with hat-tricks in the first two games, becoming just the fifth ECHL player since 1997 to record three goals in consecutive games.
Jamieson also represented Charlotte and the Eastern Conference at the 2004 Par-A-Dice ECHL All-Star Game in Peoria, Ill. He has 10 American Hockey League games to his credit with one assist after two separate stints with Hartford in 2003-04 and Binghamton in 2005-06.
Jamieson's career totals include 139 goals, 111 assists, and 250 points in 308 professional games.
Maiser leaves the RoadRunners after collecting 18 goals, 31 points, and 102 penalty minutes in 54 games.
The RoadRunners close out a two-game California road trip at 8:00 p.m. Tuesday when they visit the Fresno Falcons at the Save Mart Center. Catch all the action live on Independent 1310 KXAM beginning with "RoadRunners Countdown" at 7:45 p.m.
Phoenix returns to US Airways Center at 7:11 p.m. Thursday to open a three-game series with the Alaska Aces.
Great seats are still available beginning as low as $8 and can be purchased by calling Ticketmaster at (480) 784-4444, purchasing online at ticketmaster.com or visiting the US Airways Center Box Office. Information on season tickets, half-season packages, and flex plans for the 2007-08 season of Phoenix RoadRunners Hockey are available by calling (602) 462-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2008
- Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix - Fresno Falcons
- Inferno dispatch Sea Wolves 6-4 - Columbia Inferno
- Inferno's Hot Third Scorches Sea Wolves - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Marc Cavosie Loaned To Albany - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Score Four Unanswered Goals to Beat Augusta 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday - Augusta Lynx
- Condors serving help for the community - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Concludes MidSeason Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Schwarz named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield's Robinson Fined - ECHL
- Stockton's Beeman Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Victoria's Wade Suspended Two Games - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Falcons Add Carbery To Mix - Fresno Falcons
- Wolf Pack Transactions - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers To Shave Heads For Charity On March 8 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska's Schwarz Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fans Flock to Beef 'O' Brady's for First Tip-A-Pilot - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Host Lynx Tonight at 7:05pm - South Carolina Stingrays
- Let It Be... - Reading Royals
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Head Coach Raymond Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Balanced attack, Fisher's 35 saves mark third straight Thunder win - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Storms Past RoadRunners 4-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.