Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix
Charlotte, N.C. - General manager and head coach of the Charlotte Checkers, Derek Wilkinson, announced today that the team has traded forward, Dusty Jamieson to the Phoenix Roadrunners for forward, Justin Maiser.
A fifth-round pick of the Montreal Canadiens in the 1999 National Hockey League Entry Draft, Jamieson has been in the Checkers lineup since the 2002-03 season. During his time with the Checkers, he has led the team in goals-scored four times and twice in points. He leaves the team placed second all-time in goals scored. In 53 games this season with Charlotte, he has garnered 17 goals and nine assists for 26 points.
Maiser, 6-foot-2, 195 pounds, was drafted by the St. Louis Blues during the fifth round of the 1999 NHL Entry Draft. In 54 games with the Roadrunners this year, Maiser accumulated 18 goals and 13 assists for 31 points with 102 penalty minutes. Last season, he played for the Dayton Bombers and registered career high numbers with 19 goals, 28 assists for 47 points with 100 penalty minutes in 72 games. He suited up in 22 playoff games with the Bombers going all the way to the Kelly Cup finals in a losing effort.
The Checkers are in their 15th season of play as a member of the ECHL. Their next home game takes place on March 4 against the Gwinnett Gladiators. In the team's 14-year history, the Checkers have made the playoffs 10 times including three consecutive playoff appearances to date. The Checkers are in their third season of play at St. Lawrence Homes Home Ice at Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Season tickets are on sale now with full-season packages starting at just $175. For season ticket information, please call 704-342-4-ICE or visit www.gocheckers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2008
- Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix - Fresno Falcons
- Inferno dispatch Sea Wolves 6-4 - Columbia Inferno
- Inferno's Hot Third Scorches Sea Wolves - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Marc Cavosie Loaned To Albany - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Score Four Unanswered Goals to Beat Augusta 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday - Augusta Lynx
- Condors serving help for the community - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Concludes MidSeason Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Schwarz named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield's Robinson Fined - ECHL
- Stockton's Beeman Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Victoria's Wade Suspended Two Games - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Falcons Add Carbery To Mix - Fresno Falcons
- Wolf Pack Transactions - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers To Shave Heads For Charity On March 8 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska's Schwarz Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fans Flock to Beef 'O' Brady's for First Tip-A-Pilot - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Host Lynx Tonight at 7:05pm - South Carolina Stingrays
- Let It Be... - Reading Royals
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Head Coach Raymond Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Balanced attack, Fisher's 35 saves mark third straight Thunder win - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Storms Past RoadRunners 4-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.