Falcons Add Carbery To Mix
Fresno, Calif. - The Fresno Falcons announced today that the team has acquired right wing Spencer Carbery from the Pensacola Ice Pilots in exchange for future considerations. Carbery is expected to make his Falcons' debut tonight as Fresno hosts the Phoenix RoadRunners at 7:00 p.m.
Carbery was placed on waivers yesterday by the Stockton Thunder, and claimed by Pensacola before being traded to Fresno. In 38 combined games this season with Stockton and Bakersfield, Carbery has eight points (three goals, five assists) and 87 penalty minutes.
The 26-year-old spent last season, his first professional campaign, with the Tulsa Oilers of the Central Hockey League, scoring 16 goals and adding 28 assists for 44 points to go along with 157 penalty minutes. Carbery ranked 11th among CHL rookies in points, and was third on the Oilers in penalty minutes.
The Victoria, British Columbia native started his collegiate career at the University of Alaska-Anchorage in 2002-03 before transferring to St. Norbert College for his final three seasons. Carbery tallied 100 points in his three seasons with St. Norbert, and helped lead the Green Knights to a berth in the NCAA Division III National Championship Game as a sophomore in 2003-04.
The Falcons host the Phoenix RoadRunners tonight at 7:30 p.m. on Two-for-Tuesday, presented by Carl's Jr., KMPH Fox 26, and KRZR 103.7 FM. Fresno hosts the Cincinnati Cyclones on Friday at 7:30 p.m., and the Utah Grizzlies on Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
Tickets for all Falcons home games can be purchased at the Save Mart Center Box Office, or through TicketMaster at (559) 485-8497 or www.ticketmaster.com. All Falcons' games are broadcast on 790 ESPN Radio, The Deuce, starting 15 minutes prior to face-off with the Port of Subs Pre-Game Show.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 26, 2008
- Falcons Win 30th of Season with 5-2 Victory over Phoenix - Fresno Falcons
- Inferno dispatch Sea Wolves 6-4 - Columbia Inferno
- Inferno's Hot Third Scorches Sea Wolves - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Marc Cavosie Loaned To Albany - Reading Royals
- Stingrays Score Four Unanswered Goals to Beat Augusta 5-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 60 minutes eludes Lynx again in 5-2 loss on Tuesday - Augusta Lynx
- Condors serving help for the community - Bakersfield Condors
- ECHL Concludes MidSeason Board of Governors Meeting - ECHL
- Schwarz named ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Alaska Aces
- Bakersfield's Robinson Fined - ECHL
- Stockton's Beeman Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Victoria's Wade Suspended Two Games - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Falcons Add Carbery To Mix - Fresno Falcons
- Wolf Pack Transactions - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers To Shave Heads For Charity On March 8 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Alaska's Schwarz Named Rbk Hockey Goalie Of The Week - ECHL
- Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Cincinnati's Aubin Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- RoadRunners Land Veteran Dusty Jamieson - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fans Flock to Beef 'O' Brady's for First Tip-A-Pilot - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Rays Host Lynx Tonight at 7:05pm - South Carolina Stingrays
- Let It Be... - Reading Royals
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Bakersfield Head Coach Raymond Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Checkers Trade Jamieson To Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Balanced attack, Fisher's 35 saves mark third straight Thunder win - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Storms Past RoadRunners 4-1 - Phoenix RoadRunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.