Express Outfielder Brian Bogusevic Named PCL All-Star
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Round Rock Express outfielder Brian Bogusevic was named as a reserve on the Pacific Coast League All-Star team, the league office announced Thursday. The PCL All-Stars face their International League counterparts in the 23rd-annual Triple-A All-Star Game, hosted by the Lehigh Valley IronPigs at Coca-Cola Park in Allentown, Pa. The game is schedule for Wednesday, July 14, with a 7:07 p.m. CDT first pitch; the game will be broadcast live on the MLB Network.
Bogusevic is Round Rock's lone representative on the 30-man squad. The Astros 2005 first-round pick out of Tulane is hitting .289 with eight homers, 36 RBI and six stolen bases. He leads the PCL with 61 runs scored and ranks sixth in the league with 89 hits. Bogusevic leads the Express with 28 multiple-hit games and ranks second on the squad with eight multiple-RBI outings.
Daren Brown of the Tacoma Rainiers will skipper the PCL All-Star club, which features some of the top hitters and pitchers in all of Minor League Baseball. Thirteen players were elected to the squad by the balloting of the clubs' field managers and general managers, members of the media and online fan voting, while 17 were selected by the Pacific Coast League office. Each club has at least one representative on the team.
Round Rock returns to action Thursday night, opening a three-game series against the Memphis Redbirds. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. CDT at AutoZone Park in Memphis, Tenn.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 1, 2010
- Rainiers Blast Past Portland - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sky Sox Sting Bees with Five Run Ninth, 8-7 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Tacoma's Bedard, Seddon Combine to Four-Hit Beavers - Portland Beavers
- Torra Deals Complete Game in 9-2 Aces Victory - Reno Aces
- Express Edged 5-3 by Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds Slip by Express in Opener - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Roll the Zephyrs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Take Series Opener from Zephyrs, 10-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Cubs Doubled Up by Royals, 6-3 - Iowa Cubs
- Luna an All-Star - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Beavers Return to PGE Park Sunday Night for Fourth of July Fireworks - Portland Beavers
- 51s Baseball to be Featured on Holly's World on Sunday, July 4 - Las Vegas 51s
- Express Outfielder Brian Bogusevic Named PCL All-Star - Round Rock Express
- Two River Cats Named to 2010 Pacific Coast League All-Star Team - Sacramento River Cats
- Gibbons, Lindsey, May Named to PCL All-Star Squad - Albuquerque Isotopes
- 51s Baseball to Participate in "Stars & Stripes" Caps This Weekend - Las Vegas 51s
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Beavers' Ernesto Frieri to Represent PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Portland Beavers
- First-Place Grizzlies Send Two to All-Star Game - Fresno Grizzlies
- Barney, Diamond Named to PCL All-Star Team - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds SS Luis Cruz Named to PCL All-Star Team - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs' Luna Named to PCL All-Star Team - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Gordon, Ka'Aihue Named PCL All-Stars - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces' Norberto Named Pacific Coast League All-Star - Reno Aces
- Two 'Birds Named to All-Star Team - Memphis Redbirds
- Thompson and Trumbo Named 2010 PCL All-Stars - Salt Lake Bees
- Three Sky Sox Named to the 2010 PCL All-Star Team - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Erik Bedard Set to Make Rehab Start with Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Luke French Elected to Triple-A All-Star Team - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Ready to Celebrate Independence Day Weekend Series - Memphis Redbirds
- Salt Lake Bees To Honor The Late Quinn Falk - Salt Lake Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.