Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes
ERIE SEAWOLVES (14-23, 6th PLACE WEST, 7.0 GB) VS. BINGHAMTON RUMBLE PONIES (18-17, 4th PLACE EAST, 4.5 GB)
RHP BEAU BURROWS (4-2, 2.35 ERA) VS. RHP ANDREW CHURCH (1-4, 5.57 ERA)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 16 * 6:35 PM * BROADCAST: FOX SPORTS RADIO 1330 AM, SEAWOLVES.COM, MILB.TV
NYSEG STADIUM * GAME #38 * ROAD GAME #23 * NIGHT GAME #26
Tonight, the SeaWolves look to avoid a series sweep as they take on the Binghamton Rumble Ponies (New York Mets) in the final game of a three-game series at NYSEG Stadium. The 'Wolves struggles with the Rumble Ponies continued on Tuesday night. Erie took a one-run lead into the bottom of the ninth inning and surrendered back-to-back two-out home runs, falling to the Ponies for the second straight night 6-5. Five of the seven Erie losses to Binghamton have been games decided by three runs or fewer...Righty Beau Burrows takes the mound for the SeaWolves making his seventh start and first against the Rumble Ponies. Burrows earned his third straight win in his last start against Akron on May 11. In the game, he allowed an unearned run on one hit with three walks and three strikeouts in five innings of work. Erie won the game 8-2... Righty Andrew Church takes the mound for the Ponies making his seventh start and first against the SeaWolves. Church snapped a four-game losing streak in his last start as he earned his first win of the season against Portland on May 11. In the game, he hurled 6.1 shutout innings, allowing four hits with a walk and six strikeouts.
FRIDAY VS. READING FIGHTIN PHILS (PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
RHP Sandy Baez (0-2, 4.23 ERA) vs. TBD
SATURDAY VS. READING FIGHTIN PHILS (PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
RHP Spencer Turnbull (2-3, 4.11 ERA) vs. RHP Harold Arauz (3-1, 4.34 ERA)
SUNDAY VS. READING FIGHTIN PHILS (PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES) - UPMC PARK - 1:35 P.M.
RHP Kyle Funkhouser (0-3, 4.91 ERA) vs. LHP JoJo Romero (0-4, 6.38 ERA)
MONDAY VS. READING FIGHTIN PHILS (PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES) - UPMC PARK - 6:05 P.M.
LHP Tyler Alexander (3-0, 2.97 ERA) vs. RHP Franklyn Kilome (1-1, 5.87 ERA)
- Binghamton leads the season series over Erie 7-1. The SeaWolves and Rumble Ponies meet 17 times in 2018.
- The SeaWolves are seventh in the league with a 3.97 team ERA. Binghamton is ninth in the league with a 4.25 team ERA.
- Erie catchers have combined to throw out 21 of 39 potential base stealers. Jake Rogers leads the league (15-for-26), throwing out potential base stealers 57.7percent of the time.
- The SeaWolves and Rumble Ponies are tied for sixth in the league with .247 team batting averages.
- The SeaWolves have held a lead in 31 of 37 games played this season.
- Erie is 6-4 in games where the team collected 10 or more hits.
- The SeaWolves have hit 12 home runs which is the fewest in the league.
- Jacob Robson has reached base in 32 of the 35 games he has played.
- Erie batters have struck out 352 times this season which is the highest strikeout total in the league.
- The SeaWolves are second in the league with 39 stolen bases.
- Erie pitchers have struck out 301 hitters which is tied for fifth in the league.
- The SeaWolves are 6-10 against Eastern Division opponents.
- Erie starting pitchers have allowed just six earned runs over the past five games.
- In the SeaWolves last four losses, the bullpen has allowed 16 runs.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 16, 2018
- SeaWolves Spoil Sweep Bid, 10-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Erie Offense Explodes and Burrows Wins Fourth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Help Make-A-Wish Come True - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve and Flying Squirrels Rained out on Wednesday - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels & Curve Postponed in Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fightins Hang on in Suspended Game before Sea Dogs Win Finale - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sweet-Swinging Fisher Cats Return Home for Weekend - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Win 8-2 After Dropping Suspended Game 9-8 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Soto's Two-Run Home Run Lifts Senators to Series Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Take Rubber Game from RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
- Vlad, Biggio Keep Slugging While Pitching Staff Dominates in Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Bested by Trenton 5-4 - Akron RubberDucks
- Yard Goats Partner with TicketReturn to Provide Tickets for Local Veterans - Hartford Yard Goats
- Guerrero Jr., Romano Audition for the 'Show' as Fisher Cats Sweep Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #37 - Rumble Ponies (19-17) vs. SeaWolves (14-23) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Win Suspended Game to Even Series - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 16th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Loopstok, Paulino Provide Late-Night Boost for RubberDucks Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Bowie - Game #37 & 38 - Harrisburg Senators
- Late Homers Spark 'Cats Comeback - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Outlast Thunder - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Lose Wet One to RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.