Loopstok, Paulino Provide Late-Night Boost for RubberDucks Win
Akron's Sicnarf Loopstok clubbed a go-ahead, two-run triple, and Dorssys Paulino added insurance with a two-run homer, as the RubberDucks claimed a 4-3 victory over the Trenton Thunder late Tuesday night at ARM & HAMMER Park in Trenton, New Jersey.
The RubberDucks (22-16) rallied for four runs in the eighth inning to erase a 1-0 deficit. With one out, Willi Castro reached on a fielding error and Connor Marabell singled. After a pop-out by Bobby Bradley for the second out, Loopstok sent a gapper to left-center for a two-run triple off James Reeves (1-1) to give the Ducks a 2-1 lead. After the Thunder brought in Matt Frawley for his Double-A debut, Paulino lined a two-run homer to extend the lead to 4-1. It was Paulino's third homer of the year.
Akron starter Dominic DeMasi was stellar in his first start of the year for the RubberDucks. The right-hander went 6.2 innings and allowed one run on four hits in a no-decision. Luke Eubank (2-0) followed with 1.1 innings of scoreless relief to pick up the win. Lefty David Speer earned the save despite giving up a pair of runs in the ninth. He fanned Trenton's Jeff Hendrix with the tying run on base to end the game.
Marabell was 2-4. Andrew Calica returned to the starting lineup after missing a week with a sore ankle and went 2-4 to extend his hitting streak to 11 games.
The game was delayed 2 hours and 14 minutes at the outset due to rain and lightning...The teams have split the first two games of the series...Time of game: 2:36... Attendance: 3,746.
On the Pond
The RubberDucks and Thunder will play the series finale on Wednesday morning at 10:30. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1350 AM, the WARF iHeart channel, and the TuneIn Radio App.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 16, 2018
- SeaWolves Spoil Sweep Bid, 10-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Erie Offense Explodes and Burrows Wins Fourth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Help Make-A-Wish Come True - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve and Flying Squirrels Rained out on Wednesday - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels & Curve Postponed in Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fightins Hang on in Suspended Game before Sea Dogs Win Finale - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sweet-Swinging Fisher Cats Return Home for Weekend - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Win 8-2 After Dropping Suspended Game 9-8 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Soto's Two-Run Home Run Lifts Senators to Series Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Take Rubber Game from RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
- Vlad, Biggio Keep Slugging While Pitching Staff Dominates in Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Bested by Trenton 5-4 - Akron RubberDucks
- Yard Goats Partner with TicketReturn to Provide Tickets for Local Veterans - Hartford Yard Goats
- Guerrero Jr., Romano Audition for the 'Show' as Fisher Cats Sweep Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #37 - Rumble Ponies (19-17) vs. SeaWolves (14-23) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Win Suspended Game to Even Series - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 16th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Loopstok, Paulino Provide Late-Night Boost for RubberDucks Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Bowie - Game #37 & 38 - Harrisburg Senators
- Late Homers Spark 'Cats Comeback - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Outlast Thunder - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Lose Wet One to RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.