Loopstok, Paulino Provide Late-Night Boost for RubberDucks Win
Akron's Sicnarf Loopstok clubbed a go-ahead, two-run triple, and Dorssys Paulino added insurance with a two-run homer, as the RubberDucks claimed a 4-3 victory over the Trenton Thunder late Tuesday night at ARM & HAMMER Park in Trenton, New Jersey.
The RubberDucks (22-16) rallied for four runs in the eighth inning to erase a 1-0 deficit. With one out, Willi Castro reached on a fielding error and Connor Marabell singled. After a pop-out by Bobby Bradley for the second out, Loopstok sent a gapper to left-center for a two-run triple off James Reeves (1-1) to give the Ducks a 2-1 lead. After the Thunder brought in Matt Frawley for his Double-A debut, Paulino lined a two-run homer to extend the lead to 4-1. It was Paulino's third homer of the year.
Akron starter Dominic DeMasi was stellar in his first start of the year for the RubberDucks. The right-hander went 6.2 innings and allowed one run on four hits in a no-decision. Luke Eubank (2-0) followed with 1.1 innings of scoreless relief to pick up the win. Lefty David Speer earned the save despite giving up a pair of runs in the ninth. He fanned Trenton's Jeff Hendrix with the tying run on base to end the game.
Marabell was 2-4. Andrew Calica returned to the starting lineup after missing a week with a sore ankle and went 2-4 to extend his hitting streak to 11 games.
The game was delayed 2 hours and 14 minutes at the outset due to rain and lightning...The teams have split the first two games of the series...Time of game: 2:36... Attendance: 3,746.
On the Pond
The RubberDucks and Thunder will play the series finale on Wednesday morning at 10:30. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1350 AM, the WARF iHeart channel, and the TuneIn Radio App.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 16, 2018
- SeaWolves Spoil Sweep Bid, 10-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Erie Offense Explodes and Burrows Wins Fourth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Help Make-A-Wish Come True - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve and Flying Squirrels Rained out on Wednesday - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels & Curve Postponed in Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fightins Hang on in Suspended Game before Sea Dogs Win Finale - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sweet-Swinging Fisher Cats Return Home for Weekend - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Win 8-2 After Dropping Suspended Game 9-8 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Soto's Two-Run Home Run Lifts Senators to Series Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Take Rubber Game from RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
- Vlad, Biggio Keep Slugging While Pitching Staff Dominates in Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Bested by Trenton 5-4 - Akron RubberDucks
- Yard Goats Partner with TicketReturn to Provide Tickets for Local Veterans - Hartford Yard Goats
- Guerrero Jr., Romano Audition for the 'Show' as Fisher Cats Sweep Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #37 - Rumble Ponies (19-17) vs. SeaWolves (14-23) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Win Suspended Game to Even Series - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 16th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Loopstok, Paulino Provide Late-Night Boost for RubberDucks Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Bowie - Game #37 & 38 - Harrisburg Senators
- Late Homers Spark 'Cats Comeback - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Outlast Thunder - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Lose Wet One to RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron RubberDucks Stories
- RubberDucks to Host 2019 Internship Fair on January 5
- Canal Park Named 2018 Turface Ohio Field of the Year
- Soap Box Derby Named as 2019 RubberDucks Hot Stove Banquet Charity Recipient
- Emmy-Nominated Actor Corbin Bernsen Headlining 2019 Hot Stove
- RubberDucks "20 Days of Giving" Starts Friday