Baysox Win Suspended Game to Even Series
The Bowie Baysox walked-off against the Harrisburg Senators 5-4 in a seven-inning contest that finished on Wednesday morning. The game was tied 4-4 in the top of the seventh on Tuesday night before it was suspended and resumed Wednesday morning when Corban Joseph hit a walk-off home run.
The Senators opened the scoring with a run in the first against Bowie starter Hunter Harvey on an RBI single by Dan Gamache.
Bowie responded in the first when Ryan Mountcastle, facing Senators starter Kyle McGowin, singled in a run to knot the game 1-1.
The Senators plated another pair of runs in the third to take the lead. With Daniel Johnson and Stephen Perez on base on a single and a walk respectively, Juan Soto knocked a run-scoring single. The next batter, Gamache, drove in a run with a groundball fielder's choice to put the Senators ahead 3-1.
The lead was short-lived as the Baysox struck for three runs in the third to take the lead. After two batters reached with one out, Bowie scored three runs on a run-scoring single, double and sacrifice fly.
McGowin allowed four runs on six hits while striking out seven and walking one across five and two-thirds innings in his first start of 2018 with the Senators. Harvey lasted four innings and allowed three runs on four hits.
The Baysox remained ahead 4-3 until the Senators tied the game in the top of the sixth. After Drew Ward walked with two outs and was pinch run for by Zach Collier, Osvaldo Abreu hit a fly ball to center that was dropped by Cedric Mullins which allowed the tying run to score.
The game was suspended prior to the start of the top of the seventh inning.
When the game resumed on Wednesday morning, the Senators were set down in the top of the frame before Corban Joseph hit a walk-off home run to give Bowie the 5-4 victory.
Paul Fry (3-0) earned the win with a scoreless seventh inning of relief. Roman Mendez (2-2) took the loss after allowing the game-winning home run to the first batter he faced.
Juan Soto led the Senators offense, finishing 3-4 with an RBI.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 16, 2018
- SeaWolves Spoil Sweep Bid, 10-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Erie Offense Explodes and Burrows Wins Fourth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Help Make-A-Wish Come True - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve and Flying Squirrels Rained out on Wednesday - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels & Curve Postponed in Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fightins Hang on in Suspended Game before Sea Dogs Win Finale - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sweet-Swinging Fisher Cats Return Home for Weekend - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Win 8-2 After Dropping Suspended Game 9-8 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Soto's Two-Run Home Run Lifts Senators to Series Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Take Rubber Game from RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
- Vlad, Biggio Keep Slugging While Pitching Staff Dominates in Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Bested by Trenton 5-4 - Akron RubberDucks
- Yard Goats Partner with TicketReturn to Provide Tickets for Local Veterans - Hartford Yard Goats
- Guerrero Jr., Romano Audition for the 'Show' as Fisher Cats Sweep Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #37 - Rumble Ponies (19-17) vs. SeaWolves (14-23) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Win Suspended Game to Even Series - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 16th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Loopstok, Paulino Provide Late-Night Boost for RubberDucks Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Bowie - Game #37 & 38 - Harrisburg Senators
- Late Homers Spark 'Cats Comeback - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Outlast Thunder - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Lose Wet One to RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Home-Win Bound: Sens Close 2018 with Sweep
- Sharp Is Sterling as Sens Win Third Straight
- Senators Expel Squirrels 7-4 to Complete Suspended Game
- Senators Come Back to Ground Squirrels in Extras 4-3
- One If by Land, Eight If by Sea(Wolves): Erie Spoils Sens Home Finale 15-7