Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Bowie - Game #37 & 38
The Senators and Bowie Baysox will complete Tuesday night's suspended seven-inning game with the score tied 4-4 in the top of the seventh inning. Wednesday's originally scheduled game will be a full nine-inning contest and begin approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the resumed game. Tuesday night's suspended game will resume Wednesday at 11:05 a.m. at Prince George's Stadium.
TODAY'S GAMES The Senators and Bowie Baysox will resume Tuesday's suspended game before playing Wednesday scheduled game approximately 30 minutes afterwards. The Senators won Monday's suspended game 8-2 when the teams completed the contest on Tuesday. Tuesday's originally scheduled game was suspended due to rain in the top of the seventh with the score tied 4-4. The Senators and Baysox played six of the first nine games of the season against each other, and both teams won three games. The two clubs are scheduled to play 23 games against each other this season, the most games the Senators play against any Eastern League opponent.
JEKYLL AND HYDE Over the past seven games, the Senators offense has scored eight or more runs three times, while in the other four games the team has been limited to two runs or less. The Senators are 4- 12 when scoring three or more while 3-15 when scoring three or less.
HOW HOT IS THAT IN KELVIN? With a pair of hits in Monday's game, Kelvin Gutierrez expanded his Senators season-high hitting streak to 14 games. The streak is the second longest in the Eastern League this season. The 22-year-old is batting .305 (16-54) over the 14 game stretch. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. currently holds the longest hitting streak in the Eastern League this season at 15 games from April 21 to May 10.
ROSTER MOVEMENT Outfielder Yadiel Hernandez and catcher Jake Lowery were promoted to Triple-A Syracuse prior to Monday's game while pitcher Kyle McGowin was added to the Senators from Potomac and catcher Matt Reistetter was added from Syracuse. McGowin went 1-5 with a 6.54 ERA across eight starts with the Senators last season. Reistetter played with the Senators from April 17-23 of this season and went 0-1 in one pinch-hit appearance.
IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST YOU'RE LAST The Senators are 12-3 when they score first in a game while just 3-18 when their opponents score first. BLANKED Friday's game was the sixth time the Senators have been shutout this season which leads the Eastern League. On the other hand, New Hampshire has thrown four shutouts this season which is tied for the most in the league. SENATORS STARTING PITCHERS Luis Reyes starts the series finale for the Senators. The right-hander is 2-4 with a 4.93 ERA across seven starts this season. Reyes has not allowed more than two earned runs in four straight starts. For more information on Reyes, please turn to page two of the game notes.
BOWIE STARTING PITCHERS The Baysox counter with starter Keegan Akin. The left-hander is 4-3 with a 2.75 ERA over seven starts this season. Akin tossed six and two-thirds shutout innings in his last start on May 11 against Hartford. The 23-year-old was originally selected in the 2nd round of the 2016 draft from Western Michigan.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 16, 2018
- SeaWolves Spoil Sweep Bid, 10-3 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Erie Offense Explodes and Burrows Wins Fourth Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- Rumble Ponies Help Make-A-Wish Come True - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve and Flying Squirrels Rained out on Wednesday - Altoona Curve
- Squirrels & Curve Postponed in Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Fightins Hang on in Suspended Game before Sea Dogs Win Finale - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sweet-Swinging Fisher Cats Return Home for Weekend - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Win 8-2 After Dropping Suspended Game 9-8 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Binghamton Rumble Ponies - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Soto's Two-Run Home Run Lifts Senators to Series Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Thunder Take Rubber Game from RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
- Vlad, Biggio Keep Slugging While Pitching Staff Dominates in Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Bested by Trenton 5-4 - Akron RubberDucks
- Yard Goats Partner with TicketReturn to Provide Tickets for Local Veterans - Hartford Yard Goats
- Guerrero Jr., Romano Audition for the 'Show' as Fisher Cats Sweep Goats - Hartford Yard Goats
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #37 - Rumble Ponies (19-17) vs. SeaWolves (14-23) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Win Suspended Game to Even Series - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes May 16th at Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Loopstok, Paulino Provide Late-Night Boost for RubberDucks Win - Akron RubberDucks
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Bowie - Game #37 & 38 - Harrisburg Senators
- Late Homers Spark 'Cats Comeback - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- RubberDucks Outlast Thunder - Akron RubberDucks
- Thunder Lose Wet One to RubberDucks - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.