Devils Sign Forward Aarne Talvitie
NEWARK - The New Jersey Devils today announced that the club signed forward Aarne Talvitie to a one-year, American Hockey League contract for the 2020-21 season and a two-year, entry-level contract starting in the 2021-22 season. The announcement was made by Devils' Executive Vice President/General Manager Tom Fitzgerald.
Talvitie, 22, was New Jersey's sixth-round pick (160th overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. He spent the past three seasons at Penn State University and served as the team's assistant captain his junior year. In 68 games with the Nittany Lions, the left-shooting forward accumulated 18 goals and 30 assists for 48 points and helped lead Penn State to a B1G regular-season championship this season.
The Espoo, Finland native was the captain of his country's team at the 2018-19 World Junior Championship and had seven points in seven games and helped capture a gold medal.
The Devils return to the ice tomorrow, March 26 against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at 7 p.m. inside RWJBarnabas Health Hockey House.
Images from this story
Forward Aarne Talvitie with Penn State University
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2021
- Stars Falter Opening Game in Cleveland - Texas Stars
- Monsters 3-1 Win over Stars Sets Tone for Three Game Homestand - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolves Insider: A Rivalry Unlike Any Other - Chicago Wolves
- San Diego Gulls Sign Center Alex Limoges to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Hartford Wolf Pack Score Three First Period Goals, Take Down P-Bruins, 4-2 - Providence Bruins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - Cleveland Monsters
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Additions - AHL
- Two Cleveland Games Added to Griffins' Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Defenseman Conor Timmins Reassigned to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- An Historic Winning Streak for Michael McNiven - Laval Rocket
- Morin and Lyon Recalled to Taxi Squad - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Sign Forward Aarne Talvitie - Binghamton Devils
- Barracuda Earn Point in Shootout Loss - San Jose Barracuda
- Colorado Hands Henderson First Home Loss, 5-2 - Colorado Eagles
- San Diego Pulls away in Third - Ontario Reign
- Silver Knights Suffer First Home Loss, 5-2 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Defense Leads Gulls to 5-3 Win over Ontario - San Diego Gulls
- Woll Earns First Shutout, Marlies Silence Senators 3-0 - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Take First Home Loss of 2021 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.