De Los Santos Wins IL Pitcher of the Week Award
IronPigs pitcher Enyel De Los Santos has been named the International League Pitcher of the Week, as announced by league officials today.
De Los Santos becomes the first IronPigs pitcher selected since Cole Irvin claimed his second award of 2018 on June 10.
For the week of April 8-14, De Los Santos made one start, pitching seven innings and not allowing a single run while striking out nine batters on Friday, April 12 in Rochester against the Red Wings. The 23-year-old boasts a 2-0 record and a 0.75 ERA in his second season with the Pigs.
He currently ranks 6th in the International League and 8th in all of Triple-A in ERA (0.75). He's tied for first in the International League in wins (2) and strikeouts (19). De Los Santos is 2nd in all of Triple-A baseball in strikeouts plus he's tied for fifth in the International League in innings pitched (12.0).
While this performance didn't count toward his Pitcher of the Week honor, De Los Santos was STELLAR in his 2019 deubt, as well.
All-time, there have been 16 other Pigs to receive this honor: Justin Lehr (2x: 4/19/09, 5/10/09), Nelson Figueroa (6/14/10), Brian Gordon (5/16/11), Tyler Cloyd (4/9/12), Scott Elarton (5/7/12), Adam Morgan (2x: 4/15/13, 8/7/16), Ethan Martin (7/1/13), Greg Smith (2x: 7/22/13, 4/20/14), Brad Lincoln (6/8/14), Jesse Biddle (7/19/15), Jerad Eickhoff (8/9/15), Zach Eflin (4/17/16), Ben Lively (2x: 6/12/16, 9/5/16), David Buchanan (7/24/16), Phil Klein (8/14/16) and Cole Irvin (2x: 5/14/18, 6/10/18).
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via Facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 15, 2019
- LaMarre Drives in Four, Leads Gwinnett Past Charlotte 9-8 - Gwinnett Stripers
- RailRiders Go to Extras, Win Again - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Loses in Game One to Columbus, 4-3 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Drop Opener to Stripers 9-8 on Monday - Charlotte Knights
- IronPigs lose in extras up in Moosic - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Mud Hens Fall to Indians in Opener - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tides Score 10 in Win over Durham - Norfolk Tides
- Blue Jays Option Gurriel Jr. to Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Rained out in Pawtucket Monday - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (6-4) vs. Toledo Mud Hens (5-5) - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets and Red Wings Series Opener Postponed on Monday - Syracuse Mets
- Game Notes: Columbus Clippers (6-4) at Louisville Bats (5-6) - Louisville Bats
- Red Wings, Mets Postponed Monday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (6:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Ephesus Sports Lighting Named Title Partner of Triple-A National Championship Game - IL
- Indiana Native: a Baseball Treasure - Indianapolis Indians
- De Los Santos Wins IL Pitcher of the Week Award - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Andres Blanco Named International League Player of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.