#DALvMIN: Five Facts You Need to Know
Thirteenth-place FC Dallas (1-3-3, 6 points) hosts 12th-place Minnesota United FC (2-4-1, 7 points) on Saturday, June 19 at 7:30PM CT, in a match pres. by Papa John's. It's the second of three meetings between the teams this season.
In honor of Juneteenth, which marks the end of slavery in the United States, FC Dallas players will wear Juneteenth-inspired numbers on their jerseys which celebrate Black culture and symbolize ancestry, liberation and cultural vibrancy. The numbers, designed by artist and educator Israel Solomon, are presented in a bold and empowering sharp-line red, black and green pattern.
Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #DALvMIN
TV: 7:00PM on TXA 21 and FCDTV Network (English)
Streaming: 7:00PM on FCDallas.com/Stream
Radio: 7:00PM CT on FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270AM (Spanish)
National Anthem: Chimberly Carter and Tia LaBrecque (performing the anthem in ASL)
Chimberly will also perform "Lift Every Voice and Sing", commonly referred to as the Black National Anthem.
Next Home Match: FC Dallas hosts New England Revolution on June 27 at 8PM at Toyota Stadium on Y'all Means All Night
5 Things to Know about #DALvMIN
Saturday's match against Minnesota United will be the first competitive action FC Dallas has seen in exactly three weeks due to FIFA's June international break. During the layoff, FCD's roster was reinforced by the returns of midfielder Brandon Servania and defender Justin Che from their respective European loans. Dallas was also buoyed by the return of forward Jesús Ferreira who rejoined training after a shoulder injury kept him out of FCD's first seven fixtures.
Full Capacity at Toyota Stadium
For the first time since March of 2020, Toyota Stadium will host fans at its full capacity. The COVID-19 pandemic meant FC Dallas has been playing in front of limited-capacity crowds for nearly a year so the return of fans in full force will bring a new element to the season.
During the international break, FC Dallas added defensive midfielder Facundo Quignon (or "Facu" for short) from Lanús in the Argentine first division. The defensive midfield spot has been up for grabs since the departure of Brazilian Thiago Santos in April and a combination of Tanner Tessmann and Bryan Acosta have deputized in the role since. Neither Tessmann nor Acosta are naturally defensive mids so the addition of a specialist in the position will give head coach Luchi Gonzalez more options in his midfield choices.
Against Minnesota United
FC Dallas' all-time regular season record against Minnesota United is balanced at 5-5-0 (16 goals for, 16 goals against). Dallas' home record against the Loons is a perfect 5-0-0 (12 goals for, 4 four against). Dallas travelled to face Minnesota at Allianz Field last month, falling 1-0 to an added time goal.
About Minnesota United
Minnesota began its 2021 campaign with four straight losses before earning two 1-0 victories over Vancouver Whitecaps and FC Dallas respectively. Last time out, Minnesota drew 1-1 with Real Salt Lake away at Rio Tinto Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 18, 2021
- New York Hands Nashville SC First Loss of the Season at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville Soccer Club Falls for the First Time in 2021 Season - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils New Crest and Visual Identity Directly Inspired by More Than 20,000 Fire Fans and Supporters - Chicago Fire FC
- LAFC Loans Five Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against Orange County Sc - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Release Match Information for Match Saturday vs. Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC, Negro Leagues Baseball Museum Commemorate Juneteenth - Sporting Kansas City
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - June 19, 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Catie Griggs to Depart Atlanta United in July - Atlanta United FC
- 'A Lot of Great Memories': Alex Muyl Returns to Face the New York Red Bulls for the First Time - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC at FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Return to League Play on National TV - Houston Dynamo FC
- #DALvMIN: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Loan Eric Calvillo to Orange County SC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Atlanta United Announces the Unity Kit Tour - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Return to Action Saturday in CincinnatiÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Acosta, Bassett, Lewis, Trusty & Vines Named to Provisional Gold Cup Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Five Houston Dynamo FC Players Named to Preliminary Concacaf Gold Cup Rosters - Houston Dynamo FC
- By the Numbers: Back from the Break - Orlando City SC
- Brandt Bronico Discusses His Successful Loan, Future Teammate Christian Fuchs - Charlotte FC
- Second-Place Sporting Visits Portland on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF, Fort Lauderdale CF Players Included in 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Preliminary Rosters - Inter Miami CF
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York City FC - New England Revolution
- Academy Teams to Play Friendly Games Again - Club de Foot Montreal
- Provisional Rosters Released for Concacaf Gold Cup - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City Returns to Action against Toronto FC on Saturday - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- Kickoff Time for FC Dallas' Road Match vs. Houston Dynamo FC on September 18 Moved to 9PM CT
- #SKCvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Foundation Breaks Ground on Tenth Pitch at My Possibilities
- FC Dallas Homegrown Ricardo Pepi Signs New Contract with FC Dallas
- FC Dallas Forward Ricardo Pepi Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 15