Inter Miami CF, Fort Lauderdale CF Players Included in 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Preliminary Rosters
Concacaf released today the provisional rosters for the national teams participating in the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup over the summer. Inter Miami CF's Jay Chapman, Joevin Jones, Kelvin Leerdam, Rodolfo Pizarro and Robbie Robinson were named in the preliminary rosters of Canada, Trinidad and Tobago, Surname, Mexico and USMNT, respectively. Meanwhile, Fort Lauderdale CF's Modesto Mendez and Dairon Reyes were included in Cuba's preliminary roster. The final 23-player rosters will be announced prior to the start of the competition on July 2.
This summer's Gold Cup, the 16th edition of the competition and a key part of Concacaf's 60th anniversary celebration, will for the first time include the Prelims prior to the 16 team Group Stage. The 12 nations participating in the Prelims qualified through their Concacaf Nations League performances and will compete for the final three spots in the Gold Cup Group Stage at DRV PNK Stadium from July 2 to July 6. Among the teams playing in South Florida are Cuba, Haiti, Bahamas and Trinidad and Tobago.
Tickets for the Prelims at DRV PNK Stadium are available here.
The Group Stage of the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup will kick off on July 10 and will run through July 20. At the end of the Group Stage, the top two teams from each group will advance to the Quarterfinals. State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, and AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas will play host to the Quarterfinal doubleheaders on July 24 and 25, respectively.
The Semifinals will be played on July 29, in NRG Stadium in Houston, and the brand-new Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas. The venue for each specific semifinal matchup will be confirmed at the conclusion of the Group Stage (each stadium hosting one Semifinal).
The winners of the two semifinal matches will travel to Las Vegas' Allegiant Stadium to face off in the Final on August 1.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 18, 2021
- New York Hands Nashville SC First Loss of the Season at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville Soccer Club Falls for the First Time in 2021 Season - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils New Crest and Visual Identity Directly Inspired by More Than 20,000 Fire Fans and Supporters - Chicago Fire FC
- LAFC Loans Five Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against Orange County Sc - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Release Match Information for Match Saturday vs. Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC, Negro Leagues Baseball Museum Commemorate Juneteenth - Sporting Kansas City
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - June 19, 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Catie Griggs to Depart Atlanta United in July - Atlanta United FC
- 'A Lot of Great Memories': Alex Muyl Returns to Face the New York Red Bulls for the First Time - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC at FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Return to League Play on National TV - Houston Dynamo FC
- #DALvMIN: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Loan Eric Calvillo to Orange County SC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Atlanta United Announces the Unity Kit Tour - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Return to Action Saturday in CincinnatiÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Acosta, Bassett, Lewis, Trusty & Vines Named to Provisional Gold Cup Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Five Houston Dynamo FC Players Named to Preliminary Concacaf Gold Cup Rosters - Houston Dynamo FC
- By the Numbers: Back from the Break - Orlando City SC
- Brandt Bronico Discusses His Successful Loan, Future Teammate Christian Fuchs - Charlotte FC
- Second-Place Sporting Visits Portland on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF, Fort Lauderdale CF Players Included in 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Preliminary Rosters - Inter Miami CF
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York City FC - New England Revolution
- Academy Teams to Play Friendly Games Again - Club de Foot Montreal
- Provisional Rosters Released for Concacaf Gold Cup - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City Returns to Action against Toronto FC on Saturday - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.