Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Return to League Play on National TV
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo FC return to league play on Saturday after the first international break of the regular season. The Dynamo will play two of their next three games away from BBVA Stadium beginning with Saturday's game.
The Dynamo look to bounce back from a 3-2 loss at Kansas City on May 29, Houston's final match prior to the international break. Matias Vera scored his first regular season goal and Mateo Bajamich tallied his first assist for the club. Maxi Urruti found the back of the net in final moments of the match to tally his fourth goal of the season.
This is the second meeting between both teams this season after a 1-1 draw at BBVA Stadium on May 1. Houston trails in the all-time series with a 0-4-3 record and enter with two draws in the last three games against LAFC.
The Dynamo return to BBVA Stadium on Wednesday, June 23 to host Portland Timbers FC. Tickets for the match are available on HoustonDynamo.com.
WHO: Houston Dynamo FC at Los Angeles Football Club
WHEN: Saturday, June 19 - 10:00 p.m. CT
TV: UniMas/TUDN (Pablo Ramirez, Paco Villa, Carlos Pavon)
RADIO: English: ESPN 97.5 FM (Glenn Davis and Eddie Robinson)
Spanish: TUDN Radio Houston 1010 AM (Daniel Mejia and Lester Gretsch)
Here are three key points ahead of Saturday's game:
DYNAMO LOOK FOR FIRST VICTORY AGAINST LAFC: The Dynamo visit LAFC and aim to secure their first victory against Bob Bradley and his squad. The Dynamo enter Saturday's match winless in the all-time series and with a 0-4-3 record against LAFC. Houston pushed LAFC to the limit in their first meeting under head coach Tab Ramos, entering halftime with a 3-1 lead in their opening game of the 2020 MLS is Back Tournament in Florida. The Dynamo played LAFC to a 1-1 draw earlier this year and hope to capitalize on a challenging stretch for LAFC who entered the international break with a 2-1 loss at home to New York City FC.
FIVE PLAYERS RETURN FROM FIFA BREAK: Five players return from the international window following the conclusion of the Concacaf Nation's League Finals and qualification for the region's octagonal phase. Zarek Valentin made his senior national team debut with Puerto Rico and claimed two victories over Guayana and the Bahamas. Ari Lassiter joined Costa Rica for three matches against Honduras, Mexico and the United States. Boniek Garcia and Maynor Figueroa joined Honduras to claim third place in the Nation's League Finals and played Mexico to a 0-0 draw in front of 70,000 fans in Georgia. Finally, Darwin Ceren led El Salvador to the Concacaf octagonal, the final qualification round for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, a first for the Central American Country since reaching this stage in 2009.
LAFC LOOK TO BOUNCE BACK FROM CHALLENGING START: Bob Bradley and LAFC also look to bounce back following a 2-1 loss against New York City FC at home on May 29. The loss to NYC FC was the third in the last four games for the Black and Gold, who opened the season with a 2-0 victory over Austin FC. The Dynamo backline will be tasked with defending one of the most potent attacking teams in MLS, which features Mexican international Carlos Vela and forward Diego Rossi. Rossi is tied with Corey Baird for the most goals scored for LAFC this season with three each. Rossi found the back of the net in the first meeting between both teams on May 1.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 18, 2021
- New York Hands Nashville SC First Loss of the Season at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- Nashville Soccer Club Falls for the First Time in 2021 Season - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils New Crest and Visual Identity Directly Inspired by More Than 20,000 Fire Fans and Supporters - Chicago Fire FC
- LAFC Loans Five Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against Orange County Sc - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Release Match Information for Match Saturday vs. Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC, Negro Leagues Baseball Museum Commemorate Juneteenth - Sporting Kansas City
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at La Galaxy - June 19, 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Catie Griggs to Depart Atlanta United in July - Atlanta United FC
- 'A Lot of Great Memories': Alex Muyl Returns to Face the New York Red Bulls for the First Time - Nashville SC
- Minnesota United FC at FC Dallas Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Return to League Play on National TV - Houston Dynamo FC
- #DALvMIN: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Loan Eric Calvillo to Orange County SC - San Jose Earthquakes
- Atlanta United Announces the Unity Kit Tour - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Return to Action Saturday in CincinnatiÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Acosta, Bassett, Lewis, Trusty & Vines Named to Provisional Gold Cup Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Five Houston Dynamo FC Players Named to Preliminary Concacaf Gold Cup Rosters - Houston Dynamo FC
- By the Numbers: Back from the Break - Orlando City SC
- Brandt Bronico Discusses His Successful Loan, Future Teammate Christian Fuchs - Charlotte FC
- Second-Place Sporting Visits Portland on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF, Fort Lauderdale CF Players Included in 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup Preliminary Rosters - Inter Miami CF
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York City FC - New England Revolution
- Academy Teams to Play Friendly Games Again - Club de Foot Montreal
- Provisional Rosters Released for Concacaf Gold Cup - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City Returns to Action against Toronto FC on Saturday - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Host FC Dallas in Final Leg of Texas Derby
- Houston Dynamo FC Goalkeeper Michael Nelson Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against FC Dallas on September 18 Moved to 8:30 p.m. CDT
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Travel West to Face LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Fafa Picault Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week