D.C. United Draw Chicago Fire 3-3 at Audi Field
D.C. United 3 (7-4-5, 26 points) v. Chicago Fire 3 (4-5-6, 18 points)
2019 MLS Regular Season
May 29, 2019 - Washington, DC - Audi Field
Steven Birnbaum started his 50th consecutive regular season game for the Black-and-Red. He now has made 145 appearances for United.
Wayne Rooney played against his former Manchester United teammate Bastian Schweinsteiger. This was the third time the two players have met in MLS.
Chris Odoi-Atsem made his first MLS appearance since March 24, 2018, against Columbus Crew.
Ulises Segura scored his first MLS brace tonight.
Leonardo Jara had a multi-assist night against Chicago; his first of his career.
The Black-and-Red are now 23-20-17 all-time against Chicago Fire.
D.C. United remain in first place of the Eastern Conference with 26 points.
The Black-and-Red are unbeaten in three of their last four matches at Audi Field. They now have a 4-2-2 record at home this season.
D.C. United Lineup:
Bill Hamid; Leonardo Jara, Steven Birnbaum, Frédéric Brillant, Chris Odoi-Atsem (Jalen Robinson 68'); Júnior Moreno, Russell Canouse; Ulises Segura (Zoltán Stieber 80'), Luciano Acosta, Lucas Rodríguez; Wayne Rooney
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Griffin Yow, Chris McCann, Quincy Amarikwa, Marquinhos Pedroso
Chicago Fire Lineup: Kenneth Kronholm, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Francisco Calvo, Johan Kappelhof (Fabian Herbers 43'), Raheem Edwards (Marcelo 72'), Aleksandar Katai, Dax McCarty, Djordje Mihailovic, Nicolás Gaitán (Brandt Bronico 76'), Przemyslaw Frankowski, C.J. Sapong
Unused Substitutes: Cristian Martínez, Mohammed Adams, Nemanja Nikolic, David Ousted
REF: Armando Villarreal
AR1: Apolinar Mariscal
AR2: Ian McKay
4TH: Matt Franz
VAR: Geoff Gamble
AVAR: Jeff Muschik
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 30, 2019
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club to Face Saint Louis FC in the Fourth Round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 30, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Travel to Face Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Draws Charleston Battery in U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Draws Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Orange County FC in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes to Host Sacramento Republic FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on June 11 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution to Face New York Red Bulls in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Match - New England Revolution
- Orlando to Play Memphis 901 FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Orlando City SC
- Tickets to Campeones Cup to Go on Sale as Atlanta United Look to Capture Their First International Trophy - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati to Host USL Championship's Louisville City FC in USOC Fourth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Tickets to Campeones Cup to Go on Sale as Atlanta United Look to Capture Their First International Trophy - MLS
- FC Dallas Hosts OKC Energy FC in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Dynamo to Begin Defense of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title against Austin Bold FC on June 11 - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls to Host Fourth Round of US Open Cup at MSU Soccer Park - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC to Host U.S. Open Cup Match against North Carolina FC at St. John's University on June 12 - New York City FC
- Goaaaaaalllll: Discovery en Espanol Brings Audiences Inside the World of Major League Soccer with New Series "Acceso Exclusivo" - Houston Dynamo
- Loudoun United FC Appoint Former D.C. United Academy Director Ryan Martin as Head Coach - D.C. United
- Three Toronto FC Players Called to Canadian National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup Squad - Toronto FC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette at the Gold Cup - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC to Face Portland Timbers in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Hire Richie Williams as Assistant Coach - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Announce the Departure of Loudoun United Head Coach Richie Williams - D.C. United
- Gerard Nijkamp Hired as FC Cincinnati General Manager - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Sporting KC 0 - Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Falls 2-0 to LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Draw Chicago Fire 3-3 at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- Washington Spirit Extends Partnership with D.C. United and Loudoun United FC to Host Four Matches at Audi Field in Addition to Four Games at Segra Field in 2020
- D.C. United Announce Postseason Tour Presented by Events DC in St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Paul Arriola Called into USMNT Pre-Camp from November 2-9 in Bradenton, Fla., Ahead of CONCACAF Nations League Group Finale
- Post-Match Facts: Toronto FC V. D.C. United
- Griffin Yow Named in World Cup Squad for U.S. U-17 Boys' National Team