Revolution to Face New York Red Bulls in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Match
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution will face the New York Red Bulls in the Fourth Round of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on Tuesday, June 11. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET at MSU Soccer Park on the campus of Montclair State University in New Jersey. All U.S. Open Cup games will be streamed live on ESPN+.
This will mark the fifth all-time U.S. Open Cup meeting between New England and New York. New England owns a 1-3-0 all-time record against New York in the tournament. The sides most recently met in the 2017 edition of the domestic cup, with New York claiming a 1-0 win in the Quarterfinal. The Revs and Red Bulls also met in the 2013 Fourth Round (a 4-2 win for New England), the 2010 Play-in Round (a 3-0 win for New York), and the 2003 Quarterfinal (a 2-1 win for New York).
Overall, the Revs are 20-16-5 in 41 total games in the competition, including a 7-11-2 mark in away matches and a 7-11-1 record against MLS opposition. In 2007, New England defeated FC Dallas in the Open Cup Final, 3-2, to secure the team's first Open Cup trophy. The club also reached the Final in 2016, but fell to FC Dallas. Most recently in 2018, the Revolution fell to Louisville City FC in the U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round.
Dating back to 1914, the U.S. Open Cup is the oldest cup competition in United States soccer and is among the oldest in the world. Open to all affiliated amateur and professional teams in the United States, the annual U.S. Open Cup is a single-elimination tournament. The winner of the U.S. Open Cup receives a bid to the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League, an annual tournament between the top clubs from North America, Central America, and The Caribbean. Concacaf Champions League's winner is awarded a spot in the FIFA Club World Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 30, 2019
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club to Face Saint Louis FC in the Fourth Round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 30, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Travel to Face Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Draws Charleston Battery in U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Draws Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Orange County FC in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes to Host Sacramento Republic FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on June 11 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution to Face New York Red Bulls in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Match - New England Revolution
- Orlando to Play Memphis 901 FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Orlando City SC
- Tickets to Campeones Cup to Go on Sale as Atlanta United Look to Capture Their First International Trophy - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati to Host USL Championship's Louisville City FC in USOC Fourth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Tickets to Campeones Cup to Go on Sale as Atlanta United Look to Capture Their First International Trophy - MLS
- FC Dallas Hosts OKC Energy FC in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Dynamo to Begin Defense of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title against Austin Bold FC on June 11 - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls to Host Fourth Round of US Open Cup at MSU Soccer Park - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC to Host U.S. Open Cup Match against North Carolina FC at St. John's University on June 12 - New York City FC
- Goaaaaaalllll: Discovery en Espanol Brings Audiences Inside the World of Major League Soccer with New Series "Acceso Exclusivo" - Houston Dynamo
- Loudoun United FC Appoint Former D.C. United Academy Director Ryan Martin as Head Coach - D.C. United
- Three Toronto FC Players Called to Canadian National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup Squad - Toronto FC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette at the Gold Cup - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC to Face Portland Timbers in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Hire Richie Williams as Assistant Coach - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Announce the Departure of Loudoun United Head Coach Richie Williams - D.C. United
- Gerard Nijkamp Hired as FC Cincinnati General Manager - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Sporting KC 0 - Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Falls 2-0 to LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Draw Chicago Fire 3-3 at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution Re-Sign Matt Turner to Multi-Year Contract
- New England Revolution Loan Cody Cropper to Harford Athletic
- Revolution Set Club Record in 1-1 Draw with New York Red Bulls
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls
- Revolution Battle for 3-3 Draw against Seattle Sounders FC