FC Cincinnati to Host USL Championship's Louisville City FC in USOC Fourth Round
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati will host the USL Championship's Louisville City FC at Nippert Stadium in the fourth round of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on Wednesday, June 12. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
Ticket prices for the Louisville City FC game will be a "throw-back" to the club's final pricing for the 2018 season - their last in the USL when the clubs met regularly.
FCC Season Ticket Members will have an exclusive presale window that will begin today and run through 9 a.m. ET on Wednesday, June 5, during which time they will receive an additional ticket discount. During that time, STMs can secure the seats on their accounts and also add additional seats for this game. Further information will be emailed to Season Ticket Members later today. Tickets will then go on sale to the general public beginning at 10 a.m., next Wednesday, June 5 at 2018 prices for all sales. All tickets can be purchased by contacting the FCC Ticket Staff at 513-977-KICK (5425) or online at fccincinnati.com.
This is the first year that FC Cincinnati will begin play in the U.S. Open Cup in the competition's fourth round. In the club's first three seasons as a USL Championship team, the Orange and Blue began play in the tournament's second round.
The winner of the June 12 fourth-round match will advance to the Round of 16. U.S. Soccer will conduct the draw for the Round of 16 and Quarterfinal match-ups on Thursday, June 13.
FC Cincinnati is 7-2-2 all-time in the U.S. Open Cup. In 2017, FC Cincinnati advanced to the semifinals of the USOC, falling in extra time to the New York Red Bulls in front of a then sell-out crowd of 33,250 fans at Nippert Stadium.
FC Cincinnati returns to the field on Saturday, June 1, when the team travels to face the Colorado Rapids. First kick is set for 8:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised live on WSTR 64, streamed on FloFC (in-region) and ESPN+ (out-of-region), carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com. FCC returns to Nippert Stadium for its next MLS regular-season home game on Saturday, June 22, to face the LA Galaxy at 7:30 p.m. Pick-Six mini plans, and individual-game tickets and group options are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 30, 2019
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club to Face Saint Louis FC in the Fourth Round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Chicago Fire
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 30, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Travel to Face Seattle Sounders FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Draws Charleston Battery in U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC Draws Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Orange County FC in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes to Host Sacramento Republic FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup on June 11 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Revolution to Face New York Red Bulls in 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Match - New England Revolution
- Orlando to Play Memphis 901 FC in Fourth Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Orlando City SC
- Tickets to Campeones Cup to Go on Sale as Atlanta United Look to Capture Their First International Trophy - Atlanta United FC
- FC Cincinnati to Host USL Championship's Louisville City FC in USOC Fourth Round - FC Cincinnati
- Tickets to Campeones Cup to Go on Sale as Atlanta United Look to Capture Their First International Trophy - MLS
- FC Dallas Hosts OKC Energy FC in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - FC Dallas
- Dynamo to Begin Defense of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Title against Austin Bold FC on June 11 - Houston Dynamo
- New York Red Bulls to Host Fourth Round of US Open Cup at MSU Soccer Park - New York Red Bulls
- New York City FC to Host U.S. Open Cup Match against North Carolina FC at St. John's University on June 12 - New York City FC
- Goaaaaaalllll: Discovery en Espanol Brings Audiences Inside the World of Major League Soccer with New Series "Acceso Exclusivo" - Houston Dynamo
- Loudoun United FC Appoint Former D.C. United Academy Director Ryan Martin as Head Coach - D.C. United
- Three Toronto FC Players Called to Canadian National Team CONCACAF Gold Cup Squad - Toronto FC
- Zachary Brault-Guillard and Samuel Piette at the Gold Cup - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC to Face Portland Timbers in Fourth Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Revolution Hire Richie Williams as Assistant Coach - New England Revolution
- D.C. United Announce the Departure of Loudoun United Head Coach Richie Williams - D.C. United
- Gerard Nijkamp Hired as FC Cincinnati General Manager - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Sporting KC 0 - Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Falls 2-0 to LA Galaxy - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Draw Chicago Fire 3-3 at Audi Field - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- "Party at the Pitch," week of activities planned ahead of Sunday's #HellisReal rivalry game
- Special Edition of "The Prematch Meeting LIVEâ? Set for Friday Night
- Sunday's #HellisReal game: Concession, merchandise specials announced
- Trade Alert: Turn in Crew Gear, Get 30% off at FCC Store
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 19, 2019