Curve Power Past Baysox 12-3
ALTOONA, PA - Miles Durham and Brian Friday hit back-to-back home runs in the seventh inning to bust open a close ballgame as the Curve exploded for eight runs in the final three innings defeating Bowie 12-3 in the finale of the three game series Monday night at Blair County Ballpark.
Friday finished the night 3-for-3 with a home run, three RBIs, and two runs scored. Durham drew three walks in his first three at bats before blasting a Luis Lebron pitch to deep left for a three run blast.
Jim Negrych hit a home run in the eighth inning for the third Curve homer of the night tying their season high. The 12 runs scored also ties a season best for Altoona in 2009, while the nine run margin of victory is the largest of any Curve win on the year.
Daniel Moskos (5-7) picked up his fifth win of the season Monday. Moskos tossed 5.0 innings allowing three runs on six hits with three strikeouts. The Curve bullpen continued their impressive stretch of late. The 'pen threw 4.0 shutout innings allowing just two hits and striking out three and now has allowed just six earned runs over their last 45.1 innings (1.19 ERA) dating back to 6/26.
The Curve continue their homestand Tuesday when they welcome the Erie SeaWolves into Blair County Ballpark for a three game series. RHP Tyler Herron (0-1, 2.66) gets the start for Altoona (30-54) while Erie (45-38) will throw right hander Jonah Nickerson (5-6, 5.28).
First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. Tuesday night with radio coverage starting at 6:35 p.m. on ESPN Radio 1430, WVAM and the Curve Radio Network. It will be another Two-for-Tuesday at BCB where fans can enjoy two for one deals on tickets, hot dogs, and popcorn. Great seats are still available for Tuesday's game and throughout the series with Erie. Fans can order tickets by calling 877-99-CURVE, online at altoonacurve.com, or at the Blair County Ballpark Box Office.
-Pedro Alvarez extended his hitting streak to four games, his best since joining the Curve
-Yoslan Herrera pitched for the first time since being placed on the DL on June 20th in a 2.0 inning relief appearance.
-Friday's home run gives him six this season to lead all active Curve players
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 6, 2009
- Curve Offense Explodes in Routs - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Close Out Road Trip with 8-2 Loss - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve Power Past Baysox 12-3 - Altoona Curve
- New Britain Picks Up 3-1 Win Over Trenton On Monday Night - Trenton Thunder
- Garcia's Streak Alive, Erie Takes Game and Series - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Stephens on DL - Trenton Thunder
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Fall to New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Defenders Win Nail Biter 4-3 Over R-Phils - Connecticut Defenders
- Kervin's single lifts Fisher Cats over Sea Dogs, 6-5 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Prepped For 7th Homestand Of 2009 - New Britain Rock Cats
- It's So Bad, We Couldn't Even Come Up With A Name For It - Altoona Curve
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
- Face Your Fears This Friday - Bowie Baysox
- Van Pelt Bobbles Into Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Red Sox SS Jed Lowrie Playing in Manchester Today at Noon - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Jed Lowrie to Rehab with the Sea Dogs - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Altoona Curve Stories
- Free Food Giveaway at PNG Field on October 13 and 20
- Altoona Curve Hosting Fall Beer Festival on October 17
- Minor League Baseball Cancels 2020 Season
- Pirates Partner with Curve for Alternate Training Site
- Curve Set Attendance Policies, Entertainment for July 4 Fireworks