Stephens on DL
(Trenton, NJ)- The Trenton Thunder, Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, have announced that RHP Jason Stephens has been placed on the Disabled List, retroactive to July 4th.
He is 1-0 with a 3.86 ERA in six games (three starts) for Trenton this season. He has had two separate stints with the Thunder this season. He was 2-4 with a 5.45 ERA in eight games (six starts) with Tampa (High-A). He struck out 28 and walked 12 in 33 innings for the Tampa Yankees. Stephens also has appeared in three games (one start) for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (Triple-A) and had a 1-1 record with a 5.40 ERA.
The Tallmadge, Ohio native spent most of the 2008 season with Charleston (Low-A). He appeared in 17 games (eight starts) and went 2-3 with a 3.02 ERA. He was selected to the 2008 South Atlantic League All-Star Game. He went 3-5 with a 4.47 ERA in 11 games (eight starts) for Tampa. He made one start for Trenton on August 8th against Akron. Stephens was drafted by the Yankees in the 6th round of the 2003 draft out of Tallmadge High School.
Trenton plays the rubber game of a three-game series against the New Britain Rock Cats (Double-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins) on Monday night. RHP Zach McAllister (5-3, 1.79) will start for Trenton against New Britain RHP Yohan Pino (2-1, 3.74) Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. For tickets, call 609-394-3300 or order online at www.trentonthunder.com
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 6, 2009
- Curve Offense Explodes in Routs - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Close Out Road Trip with 8-2 Loss - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve Power Past Baysox 12-3 - Altoona Curve
- New Britain Picks Up 3-1 Win Over Trenton On Monday Night - Trenton Thunder
- Garcia's Streak Alive, Erie Takes Game and Series - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Stephens on DL - Trenton Thunder
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Fall to New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Defenders Win Nail Biter 4-3 Over R-Phils - Connecticut Defenders
- Kervin's single lifts Fisher Cats over Sea Dogs, 6-5 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Prepped For 7th Homestand Of 2009 - New Britain Rock Cats
- It's So Bad, We Couldn't Even Come Up With A Name For It - Altoona Curve
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
- Face Your Fears This Friday - Bowie Baysox
- Van Pelt Bobbles Into Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Red Sox SS Jed Lowrie Playing in Manchester Today at Noon - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Jed Lowrie to Rehab with the Sea Dogs - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- 2020 Thunder Season Canceled Due to COVID-19
- Update from the Trenton Thunder
- Individual Tickets on Sale Thursday, Promotional Schedule Revealed for 2020 Season
- Swing into 2020 with New Entertainment Suite at ARM & HAMMER Park
- Name Revealed for 4th Generation of Thunder Bat Dog Tradition