Aeros Close Out Road Trip with 8-2 Loss
HARRISBURG, PA - The Aeros closed out their weeklong road trip with an 8-2 loss to the Harrisburg Senators, With the loss, the Aeros finished the year going 11-1 against Harrisburg, narrowly missing a rare season sweep. The loss dropped the Aeros to 55-29, while the Sens improved to 35-47.
The Aeros put their two runs on the board quickly thanks to a second inning single by Jared Goedert that plated both Beau Mills and Carlos Rivero. Unfortunately, that would be all for the Aeros for the evening.
The Sens got a run back in the bottom of the third, and the score held at 2-1 until the game was broken open late with Harrisburg putting two on the board in the 7th and putting it away for good with five runs in the 8th.
Akron starter Ryan Edell pitched well, giving up just a run in six innings of work. Carlton Smith (4-1) took the loss.
The Aeros now return home for a three-game series against the second place Reading Phillies. Game one of the shortest homestand of the season is scheduled for Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. and will feature the regular Two for Tuesday promotion including a buy one ticket, get one free deal from KRAFT Singles. The Aeros have yet to name a starter, but Vance Worley (5-5, 3.59 ERA) takes the mound for the R-Phils. The game broadcast begins at 6:50 p.m. on SportsRadio 1350 AM and online at www.akronaeros.com. For more information, please call the Aeros at (330) 253-5151.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 6, 2009
- Curve Offense Explodes in Routs - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Close Out Road Trip with 8-2 Loss - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve Power Past Baysox 12-3 - Altoona Curve
- New Britain Picks Up 3-1 Win Over Trenton On Monday Night - Trenton Thunder
- Garcia's Streak Alive, Erie Takes Game and Series - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Stephens on DL - Trenton Thunder
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Fall to New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Defenders Win Nail Biter 4-3 Over R-Phils - Connecticut Defenders
- Kervin's single lifts Fisher Cats over Sea Dogs, 6-5 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Prepped For 7th Homestand Of 2009 - New Britain Rock Cats
- It's So Bad, We Couldn't Even Come Up With A Name For It - Altoona Curve
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
- Face Your Fears This Friday - Bowie Baysox
- Van Pelt Bobbles Into Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Red Sox SS Jed Lowrie Playing in Manchester Today at Noon - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Jed Lowrie to Rehab with the Sea Dogs - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron RubberDucks Stories
- Akron RubberDucks to Host Safe, Socially-Distanced Watch Party for St. Vincent-St. Mary vs. Archbishop Hoban Football Game September 25
- Akron RubberDucks to Host Third "Swing for Your Swag" Event Sunday, September 20
- Akron RubberDucks to Host Second Movie Night September 18 Featuring Black Panther
- Akron RubberDucks to Host First Movie Night of 2020 at Canal Park September 5
- Akron RubberDucks to Host Women in Sports Panel September 2