Van Pelt Bobbles Into Bowie
BOWIE, Md. - The Bowie Baysox are excited to announce Scott Van Pelt Night Sunday, July 26, as the team hosts the Reading Phillies at 6:05 p.m. The "SportsCenter" anchor will toss out a ceremonial first pitch, meet fans and sign autographs before the game. The first 1,000 fans ages six and up will receive a Scott Van Pelt bobble head doll, presented by Madison Interiors, limit one per person,.
Van Pelt is honored by the bobbling rendition of himself. "This represents the high water mark of life. Not of my career.....of my life," Van Pelt said. "This is great, hysterical in all honesty. I can't wait to come down to Bowie and see it."
The Brookville, Md., native attended the University of Maryland and began his broadcasting career with WTTG-TV in Washington D.C. in 1990. He joined ESPN in spring 2001 as the network's lead professional golf reporter. He has since become a "SportCenter" anchor, primarily hosting the 11 p.m. ET edition while remaining the lead reporter and host of the network's coverage of golf's grand slam events.
The Baysox 17th season as the class AA affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles is underway! Check out www.baysox.com to see all that's going on at the stadium this year, and don't miss a moment of the action as the Baysox attempt to bring home their first Eastern League championship. Individual game tickets and ticket packages are available now at www.baysox.com or by calling the Baysox box office at (301) 464-4865.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 6, 2009
- Curve Offense Explodes in Routs - Bowie Baysox
- Aeros Close Out Road Trip with 8-2 Loss - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve Power Past Baysox 12-3 - Altoona Curve
- New Britain Picks Up 3-1 Win Over Trenton On Monday Night - Trenton Thunder
- Garcia's Streak Alive, Erie Takes Game and Series - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Stephens on DL - Trenton Thunder
- Aerodynamics - Akron RubberDucks
- Sea Dogs Fall to New Hampshire - Portland Sea Dogs
- Defenders Win Nail Biter 4-3 Over R-Phils - Connecticut Defenders
- Kervin's single lifts Fisher Cats over Sea Dogs, 6-5 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Prepped For 7th Homestand Of 2009 - New Britain Rock Cats
- It's So Bad, We Couldn't Even Come Up With A Name For It - Altoona Curve
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
- Face Your Fears This Friday - Bowie Baysox
- Van Pelt Bobbles Into Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Red Sox SS Jed Lowrie Playing in Manchester Today at Noon - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Jed Lowrie to Rehab with the Sea Dogs - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.