Cougars Win in 10, Even Series
BELOIT, Wisc. - After losing Monday night in 11 innings, the Kane County Cougars pulled out a victory Tuesday night in 10 innings, beating the Beloit Snappers, 3-2, to even up the four-game series. The Cougars are now 4-2 on their current eight-game road trip and have won nine of their last 13 games.
Greg Dowling smashed an RBI double in the top of the 10th against Charles Nolte (4-3) that scored Todd Johnson and provided the game-deciding run. The Cougars had fallen behind, 2-0, through three innings but battled back in the middle frames. Jake Smith hit a pair of RBI singles, one in the fourth and one in the sixth, to make it 2-2. He also put down a key sacrifice bunt in the 10th to set up Dowling's double.
Anthony Capra allowed two runs over seven solid innings in a no-decision. The southpaw yielded four hits, walked two and fanned five en route to his fourth quality start in six outings. Chad Kerfoot (7-1) ended up with the victory following three innings of one-hit shutout relief.
The Cougars (31-33) and Snappers (31-33) go at it again Wednesday night at 7 CT. Scott Deal (6-5, 4.25) will face Henry Reyes (2-3, 5.59).
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 26, 2008
- Snappers Fall in Extras - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Score 11 Runs in First Three Innings in 14-4 Win Over Quad Cities - Burlington Bees
- Kings Claim Final Home Game - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Win in 10, Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- Rattlers blanked in loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Burlington jumps out to 10-0 lead after two - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Sac Fly Tips 'Caps Past Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Tucker wins game with walk-off sac fly - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Fall 5-2 on Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big second lifts Dayton past Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Win, Cut Magic Number to Three - Dayton Dragons
- Revere Named Midwest League MVP and Top Prospect - Beloit Snappers
- Rattlers Welcome the Zooperstars - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Treasurer to Award CollegeChoice 529 Investment Accounts at Ft. Wayne Wizards Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kirwan Makes His Way Back to Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- Estanga stakes claim to post season award - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Dragons Named to MWL Full-Season All-Star Team - Dayton Dragons
- Hamburger Beefs Up Clinton Bullpen - Clinton LumberKings
- Kibler, Figaro Named to MWL Post Season All-Stars - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Quezada Honored For Relief Efforts - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lambo Selected MWL Post-Season All-Star - Great Lakes Loons
- Moreland, Gac Named Post-Season All-Stars - Clinton LumberKings
- 2008 Post Season All-Star Roster Unveiled - MWL
- Tickets Going Fast for Final Homestand of Season - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels beat Wisconsin, 6-2 Magic Number down to 3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Silver Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Brito to the Rescue - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kane County Cougars Stories
- Cougars Announce 2021 Schedule
- George Tsamis Named Cougars Field Manager
- Cougars Announce Schedule for 2021 Season
- Cougars to join Major League Baseball Partner League, the American Association, for 2021 season
- Cougars Reveal Promotional Lineup for 2020 Season