Lambo Selected MWL Post-Season All-Star
Andrew Lambo was promoted yesterday to the Double-A Southern League, but that didn't stop the former Loons' left fielder from earning some accolades from the Single-A Midwest League.
Today, Lambo was named to the Midwest League's Post-Season All-Star Team. The team was selected by a vote of the league's managers.
At the time of his promotion, Lambo was tied for second in the league in RBIs (79), third in extra-base hits (40), tied for fourth in doubles (33) and total bases (218), fifth in hits (136), eighth in slugging percentage (.462), 11th in average (.288) and tied for 11th in home runs (15). He was named the starting left fielder for the Eastern team in the 2008 Midwest League All-Star Game, powered by Dow Corning. The Dodgers drafted Lambo in the fourth round of the 2007 amateur draft out of Newbury Park High School (Newbury Park, CA).
Lambo joins Beloit's Ben Revere and former South Bend Silver Hawk Evan Frey as the team's starting outfielders. The other players selected as post-season all-stars are: first baseman Mitch Moreland (Clinton), second baseman Larry Cobb (Kane County), third baseman Brandon Waring (Dayton), shortstop Zack Cozart (Dayton), catcher Sean Coughlin (South Bend), designated hitter Ian Gac (Clinton), right-handed starting pitcher Alfredo Figaro (West Michigan), left-handed starting pitcher Jon Kibler (West Michigan), right-handed relief pitcher Jackson Quezada (Fort Wayne) and left-handed relief pitcher Edgar Estanga (Lansing).
Revere was selected as the league's Most Valuable Player and Prospect of the Year. South Bend skipper Mark Haley was selected as the Manager of the Year.
The Great Lakes Loons are the second-year Single-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers and members of the Midwest League. For more information about the Loons, visit Loons.com or call 989-837-BALL.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 26, 2008
- Snappers Fall in Extras - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Score 11 Runs in First Three Innings in 14-4 Win Over Quad Cities - Burlington Bees
- Kings Claim Final Home Game - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Win in 10, Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- Rattlers blanked in loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Burlington jumps out to 10-0 lead after two - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Sac Fly Tips 'Caps Past Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Tucker wins game with walk-off sac fly - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Fall 5-2 on Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big second lifts Dayton past Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Win, Cut Magic Number to Three - Dayton Dragons
- Revere Named Midwest League MVP and Top Prospect - Beloit Snappers
- Rattlers Welcome the Zooperstars - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Treasurer to Award CollegeChoice 529 Investment Accounts at Ft. Wayne Wizards Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kirwan Makes His Way Back to Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- Estanga stakes claim to post season award - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Dragons Named to MWL Full-Season All-Star Team - Dayton Dragons
- Hamburger Beefs Up Clinton Bullpen - Clinton LumberKings
- Kibler, Figaro Named to MWL Post Season All-Stars - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Quezada Honored For Relief Efforts - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lambo Selected MWL Post-Season All-Star - Great Lakes Loons
- Moreland, Gac Named Post-Season All-Stars - Clinton LumberKings
- 2008 Post Season All-Star Roster Unveiled - MWL
- Tickets Going Fast for Final Homestand of Season - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels beat Wisconsin, 6-2 Magic Number down to 3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Silver Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Brito to the Rescue - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.