Quezada Honored For Relief Efforts
Fort Wayne, IN - Fort Wayne Wizards closer Jackson Quezada recorded his first save of the season on April 29th. He allowed four runs in his first relief appearance of the season on April 4th.
All he has done since is lead the Midwest League in saves with 26 and appearances with 56.
For his efforts, Quezada was named to the Midwest League Post Season All-Star Team, as voted on by the league's 14 managers.
Quezada is 2-4 on the season with a 2.23 earned run average. He has converted 26 of 29 save opportunities and in 60.2 innings of work, the right-hander has allowed 42 hits, walked 19 and struck out 72.
The Wizards continue their final homestand of the regular season at 7:00 p.m. tonight when they host in-state rival, the South Bend Silver Hawks.
South Bend was represented on the Post Season All-Star Team by outfielder Evan Frey, catcher Sean Coughlin and Manager of the Year, Mark Haley.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 26, 2008
- Snappers Fall in Extras - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Score 11 Runs in First Three Innings in 14-4 Win Over Quad Cities - Burlington Bees
- Kings Claim Final Home Game - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Win in 10, Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- Rattlers blanked in loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Burlington jumps out to 10-0 lead after two - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Sac Fly Tips 'Caps Past Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Tucker wins game with walk-off sac fly - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Fall 5-2 on Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big second lifts Dayton past Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Win, Cut Magic Number to Three - Dayton Dragons
- Revere Named Midwest League MVP and Top Prospect - Beloit Snappers
- Rattlers Welcome the Zooperstars - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Treasurer to Award CollegeChoice 529 Investment Accounts at Ft. Wayne Wizards Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kirwan Makes His Way Back to Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- Estanga stakes claim to post season award - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Dragons Named to MWL Full-Season All-Star Team - Dayton Dragons
- Hamburger Beefs Up Clinton Bullpen - Clinton LumberKings
- Kibler, Figaro Named to MWL Post Season All-Stars - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Quezada Honored For Relief Efforts - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lambo Selected MWL Post-Season All-Star - Great Lakes Loons
- Moreland, Gac Named Post-Season All-Stars - Clinton LumberKings
- 2008 Post Season All-Star Roster Unveiled - MWL
- Tickets Going Fast for Final Homestand of Season - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels beat Wisconsin, 6-2 Magic Number down to 3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Silver Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Brito to the Rescue - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.