Silver Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot
SOUTH BEND, IN - The South Bend Silver Hawks have clinched a playoff spot for the sixth straight year and tickets for the first round of the Midwest League playoffs are now on sale at Coveleski Stadium. The Silver Hawks will host the first playoff game on Wednesday, September 3 at 6:30 p.m. against the Lansing Lugnuts or the West Michigan Whitecaps, depending on whether the Silver Hawks finish as the Eastern Division second-half champions or the Wild Card. The Silver Hawks magic number to clinch the Eastern Division second-half title is 2.
Tickets are $7 for box seats and $5 for reserved seats. Children age five and under receive a free ticket. Tickets may be purchased online at www.silverhawks.com, over the phone at 574-235-9988 or in person at the Coveleski Stadium box office from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 10:00 a.m. through the games on Saturday and Sunday.
U93 92.9 FM will host a Playoff Party on the Corona Light Party Deck for fans age 21 and older. Tickets are available for $10 and include your game ticket, admission to the deck, a hot dog and a beer. For more information, contact the Silver Hawks at 574-235-9988.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 26, 2008
- Snappers Fall in Extras - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Score 11 Runs in First Three Innings in 14-4 Win Over Quad Cities - Burlington Bees
- Kings Claim Final Home Game - Clinton LumberKings
- Cougars Win in 10, Even Series - Kane County Cougars
- Rattlers blanked in loss - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Burlington jumps out to 10-0 lead after two - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Sac Fly Tips 'Caps Past Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Tucker wins game with walk-off sac fly - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Fall 5-2 on Tuesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big second lifts Dayton past Lugnuts - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Win, Cut Magic Number to Three - Dayton Dragons
- Revere Named Midwest League MVP and Top Prospect - Beloit Snappers
- Rattlers Welcome the Zooperstars - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Treasurer to Award CollegeChoice 529 Investment Accounts at Ft. Wayne Wizards Game - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Kirwan Makes His Way Back to Beloit - Beloit Snappers
- Estanga stakes claim to post season award - Lansing Lugnuts
- Two Dragons Named to MWL Full-Season All-Star Team - Dayton Dragons
- Hamburger Beefs Up Clinton Bullpen - Clinton LumberKings
- Kibler, Figaro Named to MWL Post Season All-Stars - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Quezada Honored For Relief Efforts - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lambo Selected MWL Post-Season All-Star - Great Lakes Loons
- Moreland, Gac Named Post-Season All-Stars - Clinton LumberKings
- 2008 Post Season All-Star Roster Unveiled - MWL
- Tickets Going Fast for Final Homestand of Season - Great Lakes Loons
- Kernels beat Wisconsin, 6-2 Magic Number down to 3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Silver Hawks Clinch Playoff Spot - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Brito to the Rescue - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Silver Hawks Stories
- Silver Hawks Set New Single Season Attendance Record
- Hot Rods Lap Hawks in Fast and Furious Sixth Inning
- Hawks Hold Back Tempest, Calm Whitecaps 5-3
- Silver Hawks' Players Named as 2014 Midwest League Post Season All-Stars
- Hawks Top 'Caps on Williams' Walk-Off Blast