Condors begin playoff run at home this weekend
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors, official ECHL affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks, have clinched the Pacific Division title and begin their quest towards the 2010 Kelly Cup this week, facing the Victoria Salmon Kings in the best-of-five National Conference Quarterfinals. Following Games 1 and 2 in Victoria on Wednesday and Thursday, the Condors return home on Saturday for Game 3 to kick off the Red Riot with Iron Man. Game 4 on Sunday and Game 5 on Monday will be played if necessary. Saturday and Monday's games begin at 7 p.m., while Sunday has a 6 p.m. start. Doors open an hour before game time.
The Red Riot begins on Saturday, as the Condors bring Iron Man to Condorstown, presented by ABC23, Goodwill Industries and Cal Water. The red-clad Marvel Comics superhero will be available for pictures at the photo booth during the game. All fans in attendance will receive a Red Riot Rally Towel, and are encouraged to wear red to EVERY GAME! During the first intermission, you can catch the Ice Sports Center squirt-pee wee team playing a mini-game on the ice.
If a Game 4 is necessary, Bakersfield and Victoria will go at it again in Condorstown. The Condors are hosting the Goodwill Industries Jean Drive, presented by ABC23, Goodwill Industries and Cal Water. Bring a pair of new or gently-used jeans to the game and receive a pair of $5 vouchers to the game.
A decisive Game 5 will be played if necessary on Monday, sponsored by ABC23, Goodwill Industries and Cal Water. Fans can look forward to another entertaining edition of Bakersfield College Street Smarts during a stoppage in the first period. Plus, watch two lucky kids test their announcing skills during the first intermission. And of course, wear your red for the Red Riot as the Condors will be looking to a crazy crowd to get them into the second round.
CONDORS VIEWING PARTIES:
Watch with your fellow Condors fans Game 1 and 2 of the Conference Quarterfinals, being held in Victoria, at the Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center, located at 801 Truxtun Avenue. The games will be broadcast live on B2 Networks, beginning at 7:05 p.m. Great food and drinks will be available.
All games, home and away, can be heard live on ESPN Radio 1230 AM or online at www.bakersfieldcondors.com and www.espnbakersfield.com, except Game 1, which will air on KERN 1180. Live video streaming is also available through B2 Networks at www.B2now.com. All three homes games in the first round will be televised live on Bright House Networks Ch. 21.
Tickets for the 2010 Kelly Cup Playoffs are on sale NOW at the Rabobank Arena box office and all Ticketmaster. They are available for order online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at 1-800-745-3000. Group discounts are available for the playoffs for groups of 10 or more people.
The Rabobank Arena Box Office is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday with extended hours on game days. Tickets may also be purchased by phone at 1-800-745-3000, online at www.bakersfieldcondors.com, or at any Ticketmaster location.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2010
- Wranglers Top Grizzlies, 6-4 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Wranglers Take Game One 6-4, Grizzlies Look Toward Rematch at Home - Utah Grizzlies
- Jackals Fall to Everblades In Game 1, 4-3 - Elmira Jackals
- Everblades Win Game 1 Over Elmira 4-3 - Florida Everblades
- Royals Drop Game One to K-Wings in OT, 6-5 - Reading Royals
- K-Wings Take Game 1 With Thrilling Finish - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Use Big Second Period In 6-1 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Fall 6-1 to Cyclones in Playoff Opener - South Carolina Stingrays
- Checkers Stunned by Toledo In Opener - Charlotte Checkers
- Walleye Win Playoff Opener 7-2 - Toledo Walleye
- Condors begin playoff run at home this weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview (Game 2): Stockton Thunder At Alaska Aces - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Elmira Organization Fined - ECHL
- Weekly Arrowhead: End Of Season Report - Johnstown Chiefs
- Alaska's Sauer Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Zanoski, Roberts Called Up To Syracuse - Atlanta Gladiators
- Reading's Steiner Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Countdown To Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Royals Get Four From AHL - Reading Royals
- Jackals Playoff Game Preview: Elmira At Florida, Game 1 - Elmira Jackals
- Daniel Steiner Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player Of The Week - Reading Royals
- Condors Announce 2010 Playoff Roster - Bakersfield Condors
- Jackals Announce Acquisitions, Playoff - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Playoff Roster Announced - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Laxdal Named ECHL Coach Of The Year - Idaho Steelheads
- Idaho's Laxdal Receives John Brophy Award - ECHL
- Checkers Playoff Roster Announced - Charlotte Checkers
- Stingrays Announce 2010 Playoff Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- 2010 Kelly Cup Playoff Rosters - ECHL
- Bartlett, Rowe Join Checkers For Playoff Run - Charlotte Checkers
- Goaltender Ford Returns From AHL - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Aces Take Series Opener Behind Crum - Alaska Aces
- Crum's two goals lifts Alaska to late rally, lead series 1-0 - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.